Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Polka Dot Holiday

I tackled two challenges with this card.  One is the Less is More Challenge Week 38 - Polka Dots and the other is a new challenge I just discovered, Fetch A Sketch Challenge 9.  The sketch was a great looking clean sketch and I went with that exactly.

The card base is Very Vanilla card stock.  All four corners were rounded with the corner punch.  I heat embossed the polka dot frame from the Four Frames stamp set with VersaMark, Garden Green ink and clear embossing powder.  It was punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the Tags til Christmas stamp set with VersaMark, Real Red ink and clear embossing powder.  I punched out the sentiment with the Large Oval Punch and attached it to the frame with dimensionals.  I rounded the corners of a strip of Real Red card stock and Holly Berry Bouquet designer paper and attached them to the card front.  I then attached the sentiment layer.  Three circles of Real Red card stock were punched out with the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  I added three rhinestones that were colored with a permanent marker and these were added to the card with glue dots.  A very easy card to put together and another Christmas card to add to my stash.  Thanks for visiting.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Tags til Christmas (w-#120847/c-#121169); Four Frames (w-#123440/c-#123442)
Ink:  Garden Green Ink Pad (#102272); Real Red Ink Pad (#103133); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Real Red (#102482); Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Series Paper (#124004)
Tools:  Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Heat Tool (#100005); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Large Oval Punch (#119855); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)




5 comments:

Tip Top said...

Wow! How fantastically CAS! So pleased you liked our sketch! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous... simple but Soooo effective!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ann Schach said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch, Patti! The rhinestones are the perfect touch! This is a clean and classy beauty!

Dale Morin said...

Great job. I love CAS cards. I think I need to find some of these challenges and get to work.

Jenny said...

ohhhh now less really is MORE with this card! Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch!