Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Spice Cake Thank You

Good Sunday afternoon blog friends.  It was a fun weekend.  My son, new daughter-in-love and grand-puppy Lily were visiting from Connecticut.  I love seeing them and Lilly's puppy antics had me smiling the whole time.

My card today was created based on two challenges:  The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Sketch Challenge #2 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #115.  I so enjoy the colors of Fall so the inspiration photo was a pleasure to work with.

The card base is More Mustard card stock.  I added a layer of Soft Suede card whose corners were rounded with a corner punch.  To a layer of Very Vanilla card stock I added two strips of Spice Cake designer paper and rounded all the corners.  A piece of crochet trim was added over the seam.  Another piece was added from the top, folded under near the bottom, tied with a piece of linen thread and tacked to the card front with a glue dot.  The sentiment from the Tagtastic stamp set was heat embossed on a piece of Very Vanilla with VersaMark, More Mustard ink and clear embossing powder.  I rounded the corners and matted it with a piece of Soft Suede card stock with rounded corners.  The sentiment layer was attached to the card front with dimensionals.  Two pearls that I colored with permanent markers were added.  Another clean and simple card but perfect for a thank you to a hostess for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.  I know the weekend is drawing to a close, but I hope you had a chance to spend some fun time with family and/or creating something special for someone.  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment (I do read every one) and would hope that you come back for another visit.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Tagtastic (w-#122745/c-#122747 Hostess)
Ink:  More Mustard (#103162); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  More Mustard (#100946); Soft Suede (#115318); Very Vanilla (#101650); Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (#124003)
Tools:  3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Heat Tool (#100005)
The Finishing Touches:  Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (#118481); Basic Pearls (#119247); Linen Thread (#104199); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)









6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love puppies and I love this card! Beautiful for fall!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! Every pattern of this paper is gorgeous! The lace always works perfectly with it! Of course, I LOVE the pearls!

Dale Morin said...

Just beautiful! I love this paper. Puppies are so much fun. They can keep you smiling. Enjoy

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card Patti! Love the lace with it!! Thanks for playing along!!

Pam~ said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the clean look of your card! Thanks for joining Pals Paper Arts this week!

Big Mama's Blog said...

Love the simple composition on this one!