Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

You're A Gem

I've been missing in action for a few days but finally had a chance to work on a couple of challenges.  This easel card is based on the Mojo Monday #208 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #113 - Heat Embossing.  And heat embossing I did.

The base is Early Espresso card stock.  For the stand up part of the card, I started with a piece of Soft Suede card stock that I attached a piece of the Mocha Morning designer paper.  The sentiment from the You're a Gem stamp set was 
heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark and Early Espresso ink.  Before matting it with a piece of Soft Suede card stock, I punched one corner on each piece.  I heat embossed the crown image from the Artistic Etchings stamp set on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Versamark and gold embossing powder, punched one corner of the image and matted it with a piece of
Early Espresso card stock that also had one corner punched.  The bottom left piece was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder that I had added VersaMark to.  I then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder, rounded one corner and matted it with Early Espresso card stock.  I wanted to add a little color to the all neutral card so I heat embossed the image from the Artistic Etchings stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock with VersaMark and Regal Rose.  I chose the color using my trusty Color Coach.  Since two of the colors showed Regal Rose as a coordinating color (and also because of it's "regal" name), I went with that.  I punched it out with a large circle punch and attached it to a piece of Soft Suede card stock that also had one rounded corner.  I added an Antique Brad in the center.  All four pieces were then added to the designer paper layer.  For the easel support I punched out a piece of Soft Suede card stock with the Dotted Scallop Border punch and added it to the card.  Another image from the Artistic Etchings stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock with VersaMark and gold embossing powder.  I punched it out with an oval punch, matted it with a piece of Early Espresso card stock punched out with the retired designer label punch and attached that to a piece of the same square lattice embossed card stock that had been punched out with the extra-large oval punch.  This was added using dimensionals.  To finish off the card, I added rhinestones to the "g", the crown, the brad and the center of the easel support image.  Whew, that was a mouthful.  Lots of cutting and embossing took place on this card but I'm happy with the results.  I sure hope you all have had a wonderful weekend.  Weather got a bit chilly here this weekend.  I guess it's to be expected now that we're in October.  Have a great evening.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Artistic Etchings (w-#118517/c-#120573); You're a Gem (w-#122268/c-#122270)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Regal rose (#105211); Early Espresso (#119670)
Card Stock/DSP:  Early Espresso (#119686); Soft Suede (#115318); Very Vanilla (#101650); Mocha Morning Specialty DSP (#122366)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Heat Tool (#100005); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Large Oval Punch (#119855); Extra-Large Oval Punch (#119859); Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275)
Finish It Up:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Antique Brads (#117273); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 




8 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

Patti, I really like your easel card. Great layout and choices of stamped images. The embossing shows off your lovely card beautifully!

Ann Schach said...

You did a fabulous job with this card, Patti! I love all of the embossing that you did! The gold is the perfect touch, and adds such a richness!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful gold embossing! Love the easel style card!

Micki - Avenue of Art said...

Wow! Really like your easel card! You put a lot of detail into it and it really turned out great. TFS

Stop by the "Avenue of Art" when you get a chance! (www.AvenueofArt.com)

Debbie Martin said...

Patti, way too cool of a card. Hope you win!
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Patty Mickle said...

I love this card! You did a really great job!

Dale Morin said...

Fabulous job! You easel card is simply great. Love that you used that stamp set. I have it and haven't really used it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Penny Hanuszak said...

I love easel cards and this one is just awesome. I love the embossing and DSP mixtures. Very trendy. TFS Patti!