Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bargello Spice Cake

My card today is made using a technique I've wanted to try for a long time.  When I saw the Hand Stamped Sentiments Technique Challenge #93 to make a project using the Bargello technique, I thought this was the perfect chance.  The tutorial explaining how this is done can be found here.
The card base is More Mustard card stock.  The bargello layer was made using Spice Cake designer paper.  After I assembled the pieces, I matted it with Soft Suede card stock.  The sentiment from the Pretty Postage stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark, Soft Suede ink and clear embossing powder.  It was punched out with the 1" Square punch.  I punched out a piece of Pool Party card stock with the Postage Stamp punch, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and matted the sentiment with it.  More Mustard card stock punched out with the 1-3/8" Square punch was also sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink and used to mat the sentiment layer.  I made a bow with the Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon and added it to the card.  Dimensionals were used to attach the sentiment over the ribbon.  Three rhinestone brads were added in the upper left corner.  This is a fun technique but I think the hardest part is finding the right designer papers to use that will show the technique in the best way.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your week; have fun and create.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Pretty Postage (w-#123095/c-#123097)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (#124003)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Paper Cutter (#104152); 1" Square Punch (#124094); Postage Stamp Punch (#122344); 1-3/8" Square Punch (#119877); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (#122975); Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (#109110); Stamping Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)


8 comments:

Dawn Braun said...

Patti, I think your choice of DSP was perfect for showing off the Bargello Technique! I like the spacing on your layers and those fun shiny rhinestone brads peeking out at the top. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Ah, after my own heart with the spice cake! I like the pattern you've made with it too! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! This is gorgeous! The Spice Cake DSP is perfect for this technique!

inkedx2 said...

Cute card! Love that ds paper and it is perfect for this technique. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiment.

Debbie Martin said...

Patti,
I love this card! I will have to try this technique with my ladies. Thanks for inspiring me.
Debbie
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Krista said...

I'm so glad you decided to try out the bargello technique with us this week. It's fun, huh?! You did a great job!! I like the rhinestones and the cute postage stamp, too. And, spice cake is a great choice...how I will miss you spice cake dsp! :) Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Yolanda said...

What an awesome technique. I've never tried it, but it's now on my must try as well as that paper. Must Have! I love your card. It's beautiful!!TFS

~Erica~ said...

Gorgeous!! I adore these papers and I adore the way youThanks so much for playing this week at HSS! used them!