Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy 2nd Anniversary

This is a card I made for my niece and her husband's second anniversary back in October and forgot I hadn't posted it.  Since they have a fall anniversary, I decided to keep to that theme.

The card base is made with Soft Suede card stock.  I added a layer of Mocha Morning Specialty designer paper.  The leaf from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set was stamped with More Mustard ink on More Mustard card stock.  Before adding it to the card, I sponged the edges with More Mustard ink.  I used the rock and roll technique on the leaves from the French Foliage stamp set, first inking them up with More Mustard ink and then rolling around the edges on the Early Espresso ink pad.  I stamped them on Naturals Ivory card stock.  I also randomly stamped the water spots from the same stamp set with Early Espresso ink, stamping them off first before stamping on the image layer.  The edges of this layer were sponged with Early Espresso ink.  I attached a piece of More Mustard Scallop Dots Ribbon (with the solid side facing up) to the bottom of the image, matted it with Early Espresso card stock, added three More Mustard brads and used dimensionals to add it to the card front.  A sentiment was added after I took the photo but I mailed it before taking another one.  The two years have flown since their wedding and they now have an absolutely adorable daughter Mia (I made a post-it note holder with her photo here).  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Lovely As a Tree (#115026); French Foliage (w-#120845/c-#121166)
Ink:  More Mustard Ink Pad (#103162); Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657); Early Espresso Ink Pad (#119670)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Early Espresso Card Stock (#119686); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper (#122366)
The Finishing Touches:  More Mustard 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124140); Regals Brads (#119737); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  
 

4 comments:

Yolanda said...

What a great fall, anniverary card! I really like the look of it and the colors. You captured fall beautifally! TFS!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love it Patti! The French Foliage set is one of my all time favorites for leaves and in combination with the colors, DSP, brads and ribbon- just perfect!

Dale Morin said...

This is a great card that could be used for so many things. French Foliage is one of my favorite sets.

these colors go so well together.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! The More Mustard panel really sets off the image. The brads and ribbon are the perfect touches!