Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Love Is In The Stars

Today I have a very clean and easy card for you.  I like the Less Is More Challenge 39 - Stars and I really like The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Color Challenge 3.  I have to tell you the end result wasn't what I had envisioned (not even sure my vision was too clear), but I figured I'd share it anyway.

I started with a Very Vanilla card stock base.  I then cut out the stars from Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, and Cherry Cobbler card stocks using the Big Shot and the Stars #2 die.  I attached them to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and then ran it through the Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it the inlaid embossing effect.  I spritzed this layer with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint that was mixed with alcohol.  You really can't see it in the photo but it gives just a touch of glimmer to the stars.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink and the layer added to the card.  I stamped two of the sentiments from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Soft Suede ink and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch.  I sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink, added two Pumpkin Pie brads and used dimensionals to add it to the card.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657)
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Soft Suede (#115318); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Cherry Cobbler (#119685)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Modern Label Punch (#119849); Stars #2 Originals Die (#113461); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Brights Brads (#119740); Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'd forgotten about that technique of embedding diecuts into embossing.. it looks great!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time Patti.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! Love these tones, they are just wonderful and the texture looks amazing. Love the sponged edges and label too.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti I think it is a very cool card!! I love that technique. Thanks so much for playing along with The Rubber Redneck STAMPede color challenge!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Congrats Patti you won The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Color Challenge! You won the badge and a FREE Pass to the Winter Wonderland On-line class!