Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Watercolor Leaves

I saw this neat technique on Patty Bennett's blog here and thought the Less is More Challenge #41 - One Layer Card with Leaves would be a great place to try it.  I also used the colors from the Color Round Up Color Challenge #54.

The card base is Very Vanilla card stock.  Using the technique in Patty Bennett's video, I used my Aqua Painter to dampen my stamps from the French Foliage stamp set.  I then colored them with Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake watercolor crayons and stamped them along the bottom and side of my card front.  I then inked up the water spots stamp from the same stamp set and randomly stamped them along the same two edges.  The sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set was stamped with Cajun Craze ink.  It's a great technique but one that I need some practice with.  But, you know, practice makes perfect.  I have some ideas of other stamps that this might work with so I'll definitely be practicing some more.  It's the start of another weekend so I hope you will enjoy it with some fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  French Foliage (w-#120845/c-#121166); Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  Cajun Craze Ink Pad (#119671); Crumb Cake Ink Pad (#121030)
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650)
Tools:  Aqua Painter (#103954); Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons (#199805); Regals Watercolor Wonder Crayons (#119803)
 

3 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, These are beautiful. Love that stamp set. I will have to give it a try. TFS

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!!! I love what you did with leaves!! Thanks for playing along! Congrats you won the Color Round Up#54!!

Eileen Lang said...

Love this card. I need to watercolor more and this is great inspiration to get me going.