Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Yummy Spice Cake

Today I'm sharing the last card from my class two weeks ago.  I CASEd this idea from Diana Gibbs here but changed up the designer paper and the colors.  This has to be one of the best designer papers ever!!!

The card base is Pool Party card stock cut at 4-1/4" x 11 and scored at 2-3/4" x 5-1/2".  The left edge was run through the big shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing
folderChantilly Crochet Trim was tied in a knot around this part of the card.  A piece of Spice Cake designer paper was added to the inside.  The only disadvantage to covering this whole area is you are left with just a small area to write on inside.  (I've been known to write on the back of a card if I had to).  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock using Soft Suede ink.  The corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Punch.  I matted the sentiment with Pool Party, More Mustard and Soft Suede card stocks, all of which had the corners punched like the sentiment.  This was added to the embossed edge with dimensionals.  Three rhinestones colored with a permanent marker were added for a little pizzazz.  This was a great card for a class and packs a little bit of wow.  Welcome to a new week; hope you get to create, create, create!  Thanks for visiting and I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Ink:  Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Soft Suede (#115318); Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (#124003)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Ticket Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim (#188480); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

9 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Ohh I love this card very pretty!

Shari Winterstein said...

LOVE THIS CARD! I think my favorite DSP right now is the Spice Cake. My ladies love the Pool Party (or as one of my customers calls it Party Pool-LOL). Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Very Pretty, I love this paper so much too!! I just love how the card opens.

Hugs
Shirley

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this card is gorgeous! I love the unique fold and you can never go wrong with Spice Cake DSP. It looks really pretty paired with that embossing folder, too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! Great fold! I love those colored rhinestones!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love this type of card and yours looks fantastic. The Pool Party is awesome. TFS and the link for Diana's card. Liked hers too!

Dale Morin said...

What a great card! I need to do more different folds. This one is great and not difficult. Just what you need for stack classes. TFS

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very pretty card! I just had a customer ask me to do a card with this type of fold. Your card has inspired me to do one!

Yolanda said...

I have to agree, I think this paper is amazing! I haven't yet ordered ordered it, but I love everything I am seeing with it. Including your amazing card! TFS!