Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Holly Berry Stocking

I guess you'd say I'm on a roll with the Christmas cards (and I plan to keep on rolling).  The card today is based on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #178.  No stamping on this one and, again, a pretty simple card to put together.

Wild Wasabi card stock was used as the card base.  I matted a piece of Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty designer paper with Chocolate Chip card stock and attached it to the card front.  A strip of Chocolate Chip card stock was added on the right.  I made a triple bow from Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon and attached it to a piece of Red Glimmer
paper with glue dots.  This was added to the card.  Very Vanilla textured card stock was punched out with the Stocking Builder punch.  The rest of the stocking parts were punched out of the glimmer polka dot paper from the Holly Berry Bouquet designer paper.  I added them to the stocking and drew a line along their edges with a Real Red marker.  With the Big Shot, I cut out the holly leaves from Wild Wasabi card stock using the Sweetest Stem Emblosslits die.  I added three Real Red brads to the stocking and attached the leaves under the brads.  The stocking was added to the card with dimensionals.  Another easy Christmas card finished and added to my stash.  Hope your weekend is turning out to be a great one - full of fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Ink:  Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (#100052)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Wild Wasabi Card Stock (#108641; Chocolate Chip Card Stock (#102128); Neutrals 12x12 Textured Card Stock (#121078); Red Glimmer Paper (#121790); Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Paper (#124004)
Tools:  Stock Builder Punch (#124095); Sweetest Stem Embosslits Die (#114513); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439)
The Finishing Touches:  Brights Brads (#119740); Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119960); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 

 

8 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful card! I used to think that I wouldn't like this designer paper but it is really pretty! I really like how you used a piece of red glimmer paper! And how creative of you to make the holly and berries! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nance Leedy said...

How sweet! I love the holly sprig on the stocking and how clever of you to use the embosslit die! Love the band of glimmer paper too! Thanks for playing along at CCMC this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...that holly on the stocking is DARLING! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Heidi said...

Great card, Patti!! I wanted to stop by to say thank you for your comment the other day on my blog. It really made my day!! Blessings to you and happy stamping!

Debbie Henderson said...

Such a cute card Patti, the little stocking is so adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at CCMC!

Yolanda said...

Very pretty card! I love that glimmer paper, it's so beautiful and perfect how you used it. TFS!

Mary Brown said...

What a great use of the paper and the stocking bunch! I love your sparkly strip too! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Don't you just love those little stockings! Cute card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!