Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Let It Snow Glimmer

I'm back with another Christmas card.  This wouldn't be my normal choice of colors but I wanted to try the Paper Players Challenge #75 - create something Christmas with non-holiday stamps or colors.  It is also based on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #232 and I am adding it to Shirley's Christmas Blog Hop.

I started with Perfect Plum card stock for my card base.  Snowflakes from the Northern Frost Die were cut out of Silver Glimmer paper with the Big Shot, adhered to a piece of Concord Crush card stock and run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I matted this layer with the same  
glitter paper.  I found a great tip while surfing blogs one day but I don't remember who suggested this.  You cut out a piece of the glimmer paper large enough to mat your image.  Using your paper cutter, you cut out the center leaving enough around the edges to attach your image layer to.  You use less of the glimmer paper this way - no waste.  I made a bow with Concord Crush ribbon, attached it on the corner with glue dots and wrapped the ends around the edge.  I attached another piece to the opposite corner.  Three Perfect Plum Glimmer brads were added to the center of some snowflakes.  This layer was then added to the card.  The wishes sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set 
was heat embossed with VersaMark and Pewter embossing powder.  This doesn't show up as well on the card as I would have liked but it's pretty in real life.  I'm pleased with the way the card turned out.  The photograph doesn't do all that glimmer justice.  Even my hubby, who is a real traditionalist when it comes to Christmas colors, liked this one.  I hope you're enjoying a much nicer day than the rainy one we're having.  A good reason to be inside and having some fun creating.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Concord Crush (#119792); Perfect Plum (#101889); Silver Glimmer Paper (#124005)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die (#120901); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Paper Cutter (#104152)
The Finishing Touches:  Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119266); Subtles Glimmer Brads (#121004); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder (#124114)


 

16 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

This is so pretty--absolutely love the colors and all the sparkle!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! The Silver Glimmer snowflakes are absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a stunning card! Did you have any problems cutting out the snowflakes using the glitter paper? Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wow!!! Love the sparkle!

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is so rich, fun and festive! Love all that pretty sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Kathryne said...

What a pretty card! Love the colours and the glimmer brads of course!! Great job!

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous Patti! The purples are so rich and elegant especially combined with the glimmer paper! Love the inlaid embossing too...Thank you for playing my holiday hoopla challenge at The Paper Players!

Terry Blais said...

Great rich colors and all that sparkle and shine!

Selene Kempton said...

So pretty!!

Rita said...

What a fun mix of colors, sparkle, and texture! Great take on the challenge for sure! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Tara Bilbao said...

Patti, I love the purple and the glimmer paper together. So pretty. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Jean Addis said...

Ooooh, I really like the color combo with the extra sparkle. Your card is beautiful.

Lesley said...

Adorable Patti! Love the inlaid snowflakes and the vibrant colours! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Hugs,
Lesley

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Patti. I like the way you combined the challenges and the inlays look great!

glassgraffitix2 said...

Beautiful card! I love the glitter and your color choices are great!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

What a great idea to put the snowflakes like that. And thanks for the tip, I was wondering about that myself when I see people use so much glitter paper. Thank you so much for adding it to my Winter Blog Hop!!

Hugs
Shirley