Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Merry Christmas Wreath

Good Saturday morning to everyone.  I have another Christmas card to share with you today.  It's a combination of three challenges:  Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge #17, Paper Players Challenge #76 and Inkspirations Challenge 100 - anything Christmas.  This is also the last challenge they will be doing.  Why not say a fond farewell and upload your Christmas creations you have been working on.

I started with a base of Very Vanilla card stock.  A piece of Brushed Gold card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  That was matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The image from the Welcome Home stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark and gold embossing powder.  The sentiment from the Bells and Boughs stamp set was heat embossed with VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder under the wreath.  Two holes  
were punched at the top of the wreath with the Crop-a-Dile.  I threaded both ends of a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding through the holes and tied a bow.  Basic Rhinestones were colored with permanent markers and added to the wreath.  I used a red and brown marker to get the darker color on the rhinestones.  This layer was attached to the card using dimensionals.  To make the small flowers, I used the retired Spring Flower Bouquet punch.  Before punching out the flowers, I spritzed a piece of Cherry Cobbler 
Click to see sparkle
card stock with a combination of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and alcohol.  Six of the five-petal flower were punched out.  I used two for each flower adding a gold brad to the center.  Two were attached with glue dots and one with dimensionals.  Colored rhinestones were added to two corners.  I think I need to sit down and get some of these cards in the mail before Christmas comes and goes.  The days after Thanksgiving seem to zip by very fast.  I hope you've got a great weekend planned.  Be sure and take time to have some creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597); Bells and Boughs (w-#120831/c-#121142)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Brushed Gold (#102938)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Spring Flower Bouquet Punch (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding (#120992); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Gold Brads (#104337); Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806)
 

14 comments:

Diane Malcor said...

Great card....I love these colors together. tfs

Ann Schach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

I love how regal your card looks with the gold. How pretty. Thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti what a great challenge card. Love the design and the PPColor Challenge. It really works well with this design. Beautifully done! I also love your little signature box. Did you make that on MDS? Really cute and so festive.

Yolanda said...

That is a beautiful Christmas Card! Impressed as always. TFS!
yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Dale Morin said...

I love this card. I just may have to make one! Thanks so much for sharing the details!

LeAnne said...

Really pretty, Patti---that gold embossing is just beautiful! I have this stamp and never seem to make it look good...I guess I should try it in gold! The ribbon is perfect, too! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Cristena Bagne said...

This is so pretty Patti! & Congrats!! You have been chosen to be featured on the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge this week for your wonderful creation! You may go to this blog post to pick up your "I've been featured" badge for your blog if you wish to display it http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2011/12/sqsc-17-spotlights.html
Thank you so much for playing along with us! I can't wait to see what you create next week!
Inky Hugs,
Cristena

Marisa said...

Wonderfully elegant with the gold embossing! Great work with the colours too. Thanks for joining us in our last Inkspirations challenge :)

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a gorgeous card. I just did my first coloring of pearls and rhinestones yesterday - I AM HOOKED! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

OK...Patti! I am going to try this again! LOL Your card is absolutely stunning! I love the gold embossed wreath with the colored rhinestones! So unique and creative! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous card Patti! Love that embossed wreath and the cluster of beautiful flowers! Love the spritzing on the flowers and their rhinestone centers...just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players! Happy Holidays to you!

Tara Bilbao said...

This is so elegant and lovely. I love that embossed wreath with the beautiful bow. Great job combining the 2 challenges. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players. Happy Holidays!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Patti, this is absolutely stunning! I really like the clean design with the pops of shimmer and shine in all the right places. So elegant, in every way! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players! Happy New Year! :)