Thursday, December 22, 2011

Shaker Gift Card Holder

Since we're only a few days away from Christmas and my cards are all done (not mailed yet though), I thought I'd share a gift card holder I made.  Since Inkspirations Challenge #100 and Stampin' Royalty Challenge #103 are both Christmas card/project challenges, I'm submitting this to both of them.

For the base I chose Night of Navy card stock.  I cut it 5-1/2" x 7" and scored it at 3" on the long side.  I ran just the 3" section through the Big Shot with the Snow Burst embossing folder.  The corners were rounded with the 
3/16" Corner Punch.  The bow was made with Cherry Cobbler seam binding and added across the embossed area with the ends attached to the back.  Sticky strip was added to each 3" section side to seal up the edges.  Just remember not to add adhesive to the top of this section so you will be able to insert the card holder.  The stamp from the Merry Winter stamp set was colored with Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight markers, huffed on and stamped on Whisper White card stock.  It was then punched out with the 1-3/4" Circle punch and attached to the card over the ribbon.  I then attached one of the largest Shaker Frames and added some Mica Flakes in the center.  I cut a square piece of Window Sheet a little larger than the shaker frame and added that over the frame to seal in the flakes.  You may have to trim off a little of the window sheet before adding the final part.  A piece of Old Olive card stock was punched with the same circle punch and then punched again around it with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch.  This was added over the shaker frame.  For the insert that holds the gift card I cut a piece of Old Olive card stock 4" x 4-3/8" and stamped it with images from the retired Snowflakes stamp set with Whisper White Craft Ink.  (There are just some stamp sets you can't get rid of).  With the Word Window Punch, I punched out a slot large enough to fit the gift card into.  The corners were also rounded with the Corner punch.  This was attached with Sticky Strip to a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that was cut at 4-1/8" x 4-1/2" and the corners also rounded.  I stamped the sentiment from the Many Merry Messages stamp set on a piece of Night of Navy card stock with Whisper White Craft Ink.  When the ink was dry. I used the Bone Folder to soften up the fibers so I could make it look wavy.  Two Whisper White brads were added to one end.  I snipped a "V" on the other end.  It was attached to the insert with glue dots.  Believe it or not, this is not a difficult gift card holder to make; you can embellish it however you want and for any occasion.  I hope the next few days are not too hectic and you get the chance for some fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Merry Winter (w-#122700/c-#122702); Many Merry Messages (#116586); Snowflakes (retired)
Ink:  Whisper White Craft Ink (#101731); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker (#119681); Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker (#100079); Night of Navy Marker (#100069); Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker (#105115); Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker (#119677)
Card Stock:  Night of Navy (#100867); Old Olive (#100702); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Word Window Punch (#119857); Snow Burst Embossing Folder (#124096)
The Finishing Touches:  Window Sheets (#114323); Shaker Frames (#124155); Mica Flakes (#124115); Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding (#120992); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Sticky Strip (#104294); Bone Folder (#102300); Neutrals Brads (#119736) 

     

2 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, I love this. I need gift card holders and I think I just may have to case this.

I hope you had a very happy birthday yesterday. Meant to post yesterday but the day got away from me.

Merry Christmas!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is so adorable! Thanks for blessing my day. I pray that you and your family have a very blessed Christmas and wonderful New Year!