Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Simple Christmas

Happy Saturday all.  I realize I have to get moving on my Christmas cards so I went with the Freshly Made Sketches #13 and Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #122 to help motivate me.  As soon as I saw the traditional Christmas colors in the challenge, I knew I had to use them.  When I got the idea of what I wanted to do, I flipped the sketch to make it work.

My card base is Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I added a layer of Naturals Ivory card stock.
The color challenge was Very Vanilla but I wanted the look of the Naturals Ivory for this card.  With the Big Shot, I embossed a piece of the Naturals Ivory card stock with the Snow Burst embossing folder and matted it with Cherry CobblerAlways Artichoke Seam Binding was ruffled by pulling a couple of threads to get the ruffle.  I added it to the embossed layer, added three Cherry Cobbler
brads and attached it to the card front.  The single pine tree from the Lovely As a Tree stamp set was heat embossed on Naturals Ivory card stock with VersaMark, Always Artichoke ink and clear embossing powder.  I punched out three squares with the 1" Square punch and matted each with Cherry Cobbler card stockDazzling Diamonds glitter was added to the branches with a 2-Way Glue Pen.  The image pieces were added to the card front with mini glue dots and dimensionals.  Dimensionals were only used on the right side because the embossed layer raised up the left side; that's where I used the glue dots.  I see a few more of these cards in my future because it really was an easy card to put together.  Have a great weekend.  Take time to have fun and be creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Lovely As a Tree (#115026)
Ink:  Always Artichoke Ink Pad (#105219); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Naturals Ivory (#101849)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Snow Burst Embossing Folder (#124096); 1" Square Punch (#124094); Paper Cutter (#104152)
The Finishing Touches:  Always Artichoke 1/2" Seam Binding (#121000); Regals Brads (#119737); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 


14 comments:

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Patti, this is simple yet elegant! I love the shirred seam binding. What a perfect way to dress up your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you clever girl! Tipping the sketch and making a beautiful tree - love it! Very classy!

Linda said...

Very pretty.

Lauri Ingram said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Love how you put it on its side and made the shapes into a tree! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Oh I love this tree! How fun to use it in three panels! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love the texture and the fabulous ribbon treatment!

Donna said...

What a great job in combining both challenges. I love the three panels and treatment of the tree. Beautiful card!

Lesley said...

Neat idea and take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tui Nathan said...

What a gorgeous card ... love how you created that tree and yet kept to the sketch ... beautiful sparkles too!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Christy Q said...

What a fantastic idea - love how you flipped the sketch and broke the tree up into three squares. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Yolanda said...

That is such a simple, yet beautiful looking card. I love what you have done and all of the little details. Very nice card.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I love how you did the tree! So clever! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used the sketch! Beautifully done. Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Nina Dee said...

Wow! What a neat sketch! This card is so pretty! I love your ribbon treatment and that glittery tree! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts! :)