Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowed In For Christmas

When I saw the picture for the Paper Lovin' Gals Challenge #9, I knew immediately what I was going to do.

I started with a Naturals White card stock base.  To make the door, I used a piece of Frostwood Lodge designer paper cut at 3-1/2"x5".  The edges were heavily sponged with Early Espresso ink.  The door panels are made from the same paper; the top two panels were each cut at 1-1/4"x1-5/8", the bottom panels were cut at 1-1/4"x2-1/2".  They, too, were sponged with Early Espresso ink and attached to the door piece.  I added an Early Espresso brad as the
doorknob.  To make the wreath, I stamped the top of the single pine from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set randomly on a piece of Naturals White card stock leaving an area in the middle unstamped.  Lining up the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch so that the white area was in the center, I punched out the wreath.  A piece of Real Red ribbon was attached to the top of the wreath with a glue dot and the other end attached to the back of the 
door.  I made a bow from the same ribbon and added it to the wreath.  The wreath was added to the card with dimensionals.  Some unshoveled snow was added by tearing along two pieces of Shimmery White card stock.  Before adding them below the door, I lightly sponged the edges with Bashful Blue ink (not very visible in the photo).  After layering them on the card I added some Dazzling Diamonds using the 2-Way Glue Pen.  Some Basic Pearls were colored with a permanent marker and added to the wreath.  I'm very happy with the end result.  Hubby says it's probably his favorite this year.  I really enjoy taking on the challenges out there in blog land.  If you're ever stumped for an idea, check one out.  Enjoy your day and have some creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Lovely As a Tree (#115026)
Ink:  Early Espresso (#119670); Garden Green (#102272); Bashful Blue (#105209)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Shimmery White Card Stock (#101910); Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (#124002)
Tools:  1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); Paper Cutter (#104152)
The Finishing Touches:  Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Basic Pearls (#119247); Neutrals Brads (#119736); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
  

5 comments:

Michele F. said...

Oh my gosh Patti... this is simply adorable! I agree with your Husband, one of my favorite cards I have seen!! Love your door and the snow added at the bottom is such a wonderful touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Lovin' Gals this week! Hope we can "Unstump" you again in the future. ;-)
Michele F.
PLG DT

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Patti, this is so very creative, I love what you've done here with your door and wreath. It looks fabulous!

I'm so glad you joined us for our challenge this week. Hope to see you playing along again soon.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Paper Lovin' Gals DT

Monique said...

Wow, what a great card. I love all the detail and effort you have put into it. I love your wreath. Thank you for playing along this week at Paper Lovin' Gals.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, my gosh! This is absolutely perfect for this challenge! Wow!

Holly said...

Gorgeous...I love this it came out great! This is my favorite that I've seen so far in blog land for the Holidays. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Lovin' Gals.