Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Birthday Guy

It's Monday, the start of another week.  I hope you had a great weekend.  My niece's husband celebrated his birthday earlier this month and this is the card I made for him.  I turned to the same paper I seem to use whenever I need a masculine birthday card.

I started with a card base of Not Quite Navy card stock.  I cut a piece of Well Worn designer paper on the diagonal but not corner to corner.  I wanted a different effect than just splitting is in two.  These were added to a piece of River Rock card stock.  A piece of retired Early Espresso Quilted ribbon was added over the seam where the two papers meet.  I punched the little hat out of Not Quite Navy card stock with the Petite Pennants Builder punch, ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder and attached it to this layer.  A Cajun Craze brad was added at the top of the hat.  This whole layer was adhered to the card front.  The sentiment from the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set was colored directly on the stamp with Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy and River Rock markers and then stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock.  I distressed the edges with the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit and matted it with Not Quite Navy card stock.  It was popped up on the card front with dimensionals.  There you have it - another guy card finished and sent.  Thanks for coming by.  Here's hoping you have a great week of creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (w-#122675/c-#122617)
Ink:  Cajun Craze Marker (#119678); Early Espresso Marker (#119680); Not Quite Navy Marker (#100059); River Rock Marker (#120972)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Not Quite Navy Card Stock (#101722); River Rock Card Stock (#108640); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Well Worn Designer Series Paper (#122359)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Petite Pennants Builder Punch (#122361); Cutter Kit (#106958)
The Finishing Touches:  Regals Brads (#119737); Stampin' Dimensionals (#119737); Early Espresso 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon (retired)

  

No comments: