Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daisy, Daisy

Happy Saturday to all.  Today I have a bright and, hopefully, cheerful card for you.  What a surprise; I've used two challenges for this card.  One is Stampin' Royalty Challenge #108 and the second is Freshly Made Sketches #19.  Makes me want to get rid of this non-winter and enjoy some warm sunshine.
I started with a Whisper White card stock base.  Another piece of Whisper White card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder as was a small strip of the white card stock.  Using the 1" Circle punch, I punched out circles from the Flirtatious designer paper.  These were attached to the back of a strip of Pacific Point card stock.  After
adding the small strip of embossed white card stock, I attached this to the card front.  With the Big Shot, the Flower Daisies #2 die and Daffodil Delight card stock, I cut out three sets of the daisies.  All the petals were sponged with Daffodil Delight ink.  For the big daisy I attached two of the largest daisy and one each of the other two sizes to each other.  A circle of Chocolate Chip card stock was added to the center.  Crystal Effects was added to the center.  I decided to not add brads because of the heavy embossing on the card front so I made a smaller daisy with two of the smallest die cuts.  A Chocolate Chip center was added to this one as well as Crystal Effects.  Both daisies were added to the card with dimensionals.  I hope the daisies help remind you that Spring is on the way.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend; find some time for fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (3119667)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Pacific Point Card Stock (#111350); Chocolate Chip Card Stock (#102128); Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper (#122360)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Macine (#113439); Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die (#114520); 1/2" Circle Punch (#119869); 1" Circle Punch (#119868)
The Finishing Touches:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Crystal Effects (#101055)

 

8 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Patti, this is beautiful! I love the scalloped border using the punched DSP. Brilliant! Gorgeous work on both challenges. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the WOW factor of that flower! Great card~!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love this card. What a great idea to punch out the circles! I love the daisy die cut. The flowers are so beautiful. Great job as usual.

Jen said...

This is a bright and cheerful card. I love those big daisies! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... I love these beautfiul daisies, they are so bright and happy, and I love your doily border too!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Rita said...

How clever to use the Flirtatious paper to make the border! That's such a fun detail to go along with those beautiful daisies. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Shari Winterstein said...

LOVE this card! I especially like . . . . oh dear, I like everything! Like the circle punched border and this card will get my die out again. One of my past favorites! Thanks for blessing my day. ;)

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, the flowers are beautiful.