Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Love You 24-7

I don't send or give too many Valentines but since I've made only one so far this year I used the Mojo Monday Challenge #225 and Shirley's Valentine Blog Hop as inspiration for this card.  The colors were picked up from the designer paper.

The base of the card is Baja Breeze card stock.  I then added a layer of Island Indigo card stock.  Using the Lace Ribbon Border punch, I punched a strip of Island Indigo card stock.  Two pieces of Baja Breeze ribbon was weaved through leaving long ends in the center.  The lacy border piece was then attached to Blushing Bride card stock by over lapping the other ends of the ribbon to the back.  I attached this to a 
piece of Twitterpated designer paper and matted this layer with Island Indigo card stock.  I cut four small squares each of Baja Breeze and Island Indigo card stocks and attached them together.  They were added to the card front.  I used the Doily Triple Layer Punch to punch out three doilies from Whisper White card stock.  Three half inch circles were punched out of Island Indigo card stock and added to the center of each doily.  They were each added to a square with dimensionals.  The small Blushing Bride hearts were punched out with the Heart to Heart punch and attached to the center of each doily with glue dots.  The sentiment from the Pretty Postage stamp set was heat embossed with VersaMark, Blushing Bride ink and clear embossing powder.  I punched it out with the 1" Square punch and attached it to the last square with dimensionals.  Pearls were added to the center of the hearts, the lace border and the sentiment.  To finish it off, I tied a bow with the ends of the Baja Breeze ribbon.  I like the femininity of this card, but I have one husband and two sons that I don't think would appreciate receiving it.  Maybe my son would like to give it to his wife.  Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend; take some time to have some creative fun.
Stampin' Up! Products Used 
  • Stamp Set:  Pretty Postage (w-#123095/c-#123097)
  • Ink:  Blushing Bride Ink Pad (#119786); VersaMark (#102283)
  • Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Baja Breeze Card Stock (#111352); Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); Blushing Bride Card Stock (#119796); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (#125406)
  • Tools:  1" Square Punch (#124094); Paper Cutter (#104152); Lace Ribbon Border Punch (#122362); Doily Triple Layer Punch (#122465); Heart to Heart Punch (#119881); 1/2" Circle Punch (#119869); Heat Tool (#100005)
  • The Finishing Touches:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122331); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)










5 comments:

Margaret Raburn said...

Very pretty and feminine! I love all the lace and doily elements!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hi Patti!!

I love that mojo sketch!! Your card is so Charming with the colors you chose. Thanks for adding it to my Valentine blog Hop!

Hugs
Shirley

ebeth9267 said...

Your card is what I call Sa Weet! Your card does have lots of feminine details, which are totally delicious, but it also has a couple blue hues to create a bit of balance. Smiles, Elizabeth

Dale Morin said...

Great card! Love the idea of putting the ribbon through the lace ribbon punch. Looks great. Once again you have a wonderful card!

Terry Blais said...

Wow, did you work out your punches on this card! I love the colors and that they're not the usual red and white or pink and white. Lovely!