Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Not Quite Sure

I'm back with this week's Merry Monday Challenge #4.  As my title says, I'm not quite sure about this one.  My thought process was to not always use my go to colors of red and green (and my husband's idea that Christmas cards should always have those two colors in them).  So I pulled out my trusty Color Coach for some help.
I decided I wanted to use Riding Hood Red card stock for the base.  When I looked at the Riding Hood Red coach card, two of the colors listed were More Mustard and Basic Gray.  Yikes!!!!  So I sucked it up and did what I could.  To the Riding Hood Red card base I added a layer of Basic Gray card stock that I sponged around the edges with Basic Gray inkThe sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set was stamped on Naturals White card stock.  Using the Round Tab punch, I punched out the sentiment just so it would be in the curved part of the punch.  It was attached to the back of a piece of Twitterpated designer paper that was then matted with Riding Hood Red card stock and added to the card front.  Part of the image from the Welcome Christmas stamp set (the whole image wouldn't have fit in the punch I was planning to use) was heat embossed on Naturals White card stock with More Mustard craft ink and clear embossing powder and the edges sponged with Basic Gray ink.  I punched it out with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.  I attached this to a More Mustard circle cut out with the Circle Scissor Plus, added three Basic Gray brads and popped it up on the card front with dimensionals.  So there you have my totally unconventional Christmas card (at least for me).  I am really, really, really looking forward to the challenge next week so I can move on from this not so great choice of colors.  Thanks for coming by.  Remember to have a fun day and be creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497) 
Ink:  Basic Gray Ink Pad (#109120); Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Riding Hood Red Card Stock (#111348); Basic Gray Card Stock (#121044); More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (#125406) 
Tools:  Color Coach (#121620); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); Round Tab Punch (#119864); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Heat Tool (#100005) 
The Finishing Touches:  Neutrals Brads (#119736); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)

  
 

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE this Twitterpated pattern, Patti! It looks great on a Christmas card! You did a super job with the layout!

Lesley said...

I agree with Ann! I think you used a great set for the layout and the patterned paper is very eye-catching. So happy you played along Patti!
Lesley