Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Simple Christmas

Time for another Christmas card for this week's Merry Monday Challenge #3.  I missed the first week so this will be my second card I'm getting ready for Christmas 2012.  Today's card has no stamping on the front at all.  It's a quick card to put together but still has a little wow to it.

The focal image is from the last piece of the retired Deck the Halls designer paper that I had.  I used one of the dies from the Labels Framelits and the Big Shot to cut out a piece of the designer paper.  This type of die makes it so easy to choose what part of the paper you want to cut.
Using the next largest die and the Big Shot, I cut out a piece of Crumb Cake card stock to use as a mat for the designer paper.  After attaching the two together, I pierced holes in the Crumb Cake layer using the Paper Piercing tool.  Three pieces of Cherry Cobbler ribbon were added to another piece of the same sheet of designer paper and that layer was added to Always Artichoke card stock.  This was then added to the card base of Crumb Cake card stockBasic Rhinestones were colored with a permanent marker and added to the center of the poinsettias.  Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details was added to the flower and regular Dazzling Details was added to some of the pine needles.  I popped this up on the card front with dimensionals.  As I said, this was such an easy card to make and I used some designer paper that was "catching dust".  These weekly Christmas cards will probably see other retired items including stamp sets.  It is an opportunity to use so many things that might never see the light of day.  I look forward to this challenge each week.  Until next time, be sure to make some time for fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Always Artichoke Card Stock (#105119); Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding (#120992); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Dazzling Details (#124117); Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (#125585); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

4 comments:

Christy Q said...

This is such a great idea! I love how you chose to highlight the DSP (one of my favorites, BTW)! I am now thinking I need to get those framelits.... LOL

Lesley said...

This is beautiful Patti, I love how you chose the one part of the DSP to feature. Happy you played along!
Lesley

Shelia said...

This is a gorgeous card! I really like all the details and sparkle!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Patti! I LOVE the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details. It's the perfect touch!