Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Little Words

I'm still working on getting myself back on track after the holidays.  To help myself get moving, I'm using the A La Card Monkey Challenge #90 for my card today.  They always have great sketches and inspiration.  Besides the sketch this week, they also challenged you to 
use something you haven't used yet to create a project.  Some new dies and a stamp set that hadn't seen ink were used for this card.

For my card base I chose Crumb Cake card stock.  A layer of Soft Suede card stock was run through the Big Shot and embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I used the new scallop Edgelit Die on a piece of Mocha Morning designer paper.  I wanted more of the embossing on the Soft Suede to show below the designer paper so I cut the scallop edge in reverse.  The designer paper layer was added to the Soft Suede.  The image from the Apothecary Art stamp set was stamped on Watercolor paper with black StazOn ink.  I colored in the flowers and leaves with Regal Rose, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, and Soft Suede ink using a blender pen.  I then ran it through the Big Shot and cut it out with a Labels Framelit die.  This was matted with a piece of Regal Rose card stock that was also cut out with a framelit die.  The sentiment from the Three Little Words stamp set was added using Soft Suede Ink.  I attached this layer to the card with glue dots.  "Three little words" from the Three Little Words stamp set was stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Soft Suede ink.  With the paper cutter, I cut under part of the sentiment to eliminate some of the excess card stock.  I then rounded the corners with the Corner Punch.  The corner under the "T" was rounded by hand.  A piece of Crumb Cake ribbon was ruffled by pulling a thread near one of the edges.  It was attached to the back of the sentiment with Sticky Strip and the whole thing attached to the card with dimensionals.  Basic Pearls were colored with permanent markers; one was added to the "o" in words and the others were added on the larger image.  I hope you like what I came up with today.  Stop by again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Apothecary Art (w-#125525/c-#125527); Three Little Words (#113254)
Ink:  Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657); Regal Rose Ink Pad (#105211); So Saffron Ink Pad (#105213); Wild Wasabi Ink Pad (#109014); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Regal Rose Card Stock (#105130); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Watercolor Paper (#122959); Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper (#122366)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (#125595); Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Blender Pens (#102845); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Paper Cutter (#104152)
The Finishing Touches:  Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122332); Basic Pearls (#119247); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
 



5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love the texture and those gorgeous pink pearls!

Terry Blais said...

Wow! You used alot of new stuff on your card. It's very pretty. I love how you did the ribbon too. Thanks for playing with our A La Card Monkey challenge!

Kathryne said...

Very Pretty! I love the ribbon detail at the top. Nice work!

Dilsaver Designs said...

Beautiful card, love the ruffle of your ribbon and the gorgeous combination of elements! TFS :)

Lucianna- A La Card Monkey GD

Dale Morin said...

I have this stamp set and rarely use it. Love what you did. I am loving our new toys! The ribbon is great.