Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthday Enchantment

Happy Monday!  I guess that's an oxymoron for a lot a people but here's hoping the week holds lots of promise.  My birthday card today is based on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #244.  Keep on reading for the details of this easy to make card.

For the card base I chose Very Vanilla card stock.  I then cut a piece of Everyday Enchantment designer paper.  This paper has edges that look like they've been sponged.  After I cut the paper, I had two edges that were plain so I sponged them with Soft Suede ink.  A piece of Calypso Coral card stock was run through the Big Shot using the Lattice Bigz Die (something I haven't used in quite a while).  I then cut a thin strip of Very Vanilla card stock and attached it to the designer paper.  I wrapped a piece of Calypso Coral ribbon twice around the thin strip and anchored it on the back.  I then attached the designer paper layer to the card front.  The flower from the Mixed Bunch stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock using the rock and roll technique.  I first inked it up with Pool Party ink and then rolled the edges around on the Soft Suede ink pad before stamping it.  It was punched out with the Blossom punch.  A brad from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack was added to the center.  I attached it to the card with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Create a Cupcake stamp set was stamped directly on the designer paper.  I now realize that if you are going to stamp a sentiment on designer paper, it would show up better if you use a bolder stamp not one with fine lines.  The same Calypso Coral ribbon was used to make a triple bow.  I left the tails longer so I could curl them a little.  The bow was attached to the card with glue dots.  I colored three pearls with a permanent marker and added them to three small Very Vanilla circles that were punched out with the Crop-a-Dile and attached to the top right corner.  There you have it.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back again.  In the meantime, enjoy your week with some fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Mixed Bunch (w-#125535/c-#125537); Create a Cupcake (w-#121915/c-#121982)
Ink:  Calypso Coral Ink Pad (#122939); Pool Party Ink Pad (#122938); Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Calypso Coral Card Stock (#119794); Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (#126154-Sale-a-Bration)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Blossom Punch (#125603); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (#127279-Sale-a-Bration); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)   


6 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

I love the colors of this card, as well as the design. Good use of the rock and roll technique with the big blossom. And happy Monday to you too!

Tammy said...

Your flower is so pretty,and really stands out against the lattice die! Great job with the sketch!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow! this is SO pretty! I love the rock and roll on the flower. So beautiful!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty card! I love this set so much! Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers I really appreciate it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great interpretation of this sketch. Thanks for playing along.

Patti Chesky said...

The lattice is a wonderful backdrop for the blossom. It reminds me of a trellis. Also, the curled ribbon accent is lovely!!!