Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blushing Poppy Cake for Barb

Today is my sister Barb's birthday.  Because she lives so far away, I won't get to celebrate with her but hopefully she enjoys the card I sent.  I used the Color Throwdown Challenge #179 and the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #22 as inspiration for my card.

I colored the image stamp from the Pretty Postage stamp set with Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake markers and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  It was punched out with the Postage Stamp punch.  With the Round Tab punch, I punched out one each of Poppy Parade and Whisper White card stocks.  The image was added to the Poppy Parade punch out and then matted with the cut off ends of the Whisper White punch out.  Two Blushing Bride glimmer brads were added.  Two pieces
of Everyday Enchantment designer paper were matted with Blushing Bride card stock and attached to a strip of Crumb Cake card stock.  I basket weaved Poppy Parade ribbon on a scrap piece of card stock.  I got the idea to weave the ribbon from Lynn Pratt's blog here.  She used the wider striped ribbon but it would have been too much for this card design.  After weaving the ribbon, I attached it to a piece of Blushing Bride card stock and added it between the designer paper layers.  Dimensionals were then used to add the image layer to the center of the ribbon layer.  Another card, another year for Barbara.  Love you sis!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Pretty Postage (w-#123095/c-#123097)
Ink:  2010-2012 In Color Markers (#119801); Crumb Cake Marker (#120967)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Blushing Bride Card Stock (#119796); Poppy Parade Card Stock (#119793); Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (#126154 - Sale-a-bration)
Tools:  Postage Stamp Punch (#122344); Round Tab Punch (#119864)
The Finishing Touches:  Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119263); 2010-2012 In Color Glimmer Brads (#121005); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 

11 comments:

Broni said...

I really love your woven ribbon panel! It adds such beauty and texture!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Eileen Lang said...

I love what you did with the ribbon. Really creative, and I'm sure you sister will love it.

Linda Callahan said...

I have never seen a ribbon weave before - very cool effect! You are so clever!

My Creative Side said...

Wow, love the weaving! I have never seen that, love the colors too!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... love that weaved ribbon background ... super effective, and this colour pallette is soo pretty!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Rita said...

How fun! I love the woven background on the main panel! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen said...

The woven background is so pretty! What an interesting layer! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a pretty birthday card! Love the woven ribbon background :] Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

Super cute card! Love the woven background, and the monochromatic design.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Super clever and unique, Patti! I am sure your sister will love it!

Smiles, Laurie said...

WOW! love the weave for this card..it's perfect