Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello Baby Bib

I had a request from my daughter-in-love for a baby card.  It has been in the back of my mind for a while and when I saw the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #226, it looked like a bib to me.  Hence, my bib card.  I think I deviated a little from the sketch; the neck hole is where an image should be but sketches, to me, are open to interpretation.
Two pieces of Marina Mist card stock for my card base were cut out with the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle Bigz die.  I used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut out two pieces of Whisper White (one to be used on the inside), a piece of Pear Pizzazz and a piece of Nursery Nest designer paper.  I cut the designer paper and the Pear Pizzazz in half.  I temporarily attached the Whisper White card stock to the card front and punched a hole with the 1-3/8" Circle punch.  I removed that and attached a piece of the designer paper and punched a hole using the previous punch as a guide.  I then lined up the back piece and punched a hole again using the hole on the front as a guide.  I attached the half pieces of designer paper and Pear Pizzazz card stock to the Whisper White matching up the holes.  A scallop edge, made from the same designer paper, was added around the opening by punching out a circle with the 1-3/8" Circle punch and then punching around the hole with the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punchMarina Mist ribbon was added over the seam.  This layer was then adhered to the card front.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink on the card.  I heat embossed the Packed for Baby stamp on a piece of Whisper White card stock with VersaMark, Basic Gray ink and clear embossing powder.  I colored in the baby buggy with Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Gray markers, fussy cut it out and popped it up on the card with dimensionals.  I added a Marina Mist glimmer brad at the top as the bib snap.  In order to have the whole card front be a scalloped circle, I scored between four scallops on the back piece, folded on the score line and attached the front to the back using Sticky Strip.  I got this idea from Julee Tilman's blog here.  Well, hopefully, you can see where I was coming from on this card.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be back again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Packed for Baby (#125672); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Basic Gray Ink Pad (#109120); VersMark (#102283); Marina Mist Marker (#119679); Basic Gray Marker (#120966); 2010-2012 In Color Markers (#119801)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Marina Mist Card Stock (#119682); Pear Pizzazz Card Stock (#119795); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Nursery Nest Designer Series Paper (#122347)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Scallop Circle Bigz Die (#112468); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005)
The Finishing Touches:  Marina Mist 1/2" Scallops Dots Ribbon (#122986); 2010-2012 In Color Glimmer Brads (#121005); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is totally over-the -top cute! LOVE it, Patti!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is an adorable baby card! Love the baby buggy! Thanks for blessing my day. :)