Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Let Them Eat Cupcakes!

Hello and welcome to a new week on my blog.  I know Monday's are not the favorite day of many, but if you're reading this, it's one more day breathing life.  Idon't know about you but I consider that a wonderful blessing.  The card is based on the Freshly Made Sketches #21.  I had no particular person in mind so this will probably go in my stash for Operation Write Home since there is no glitter on it.  If you don't know what Operation Write Home is, visit their site here.  It's a wonderful way to donate all those cards that you've made but don't know what to do with them.  You're unused cards are sent to deployed military who then send them back home to their families.

I chose Naturals White card stock for the base of my card.  A piece of Calypso Coral card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and then added to the card.  Two strips of the Sweet Shop designer paper were matted with Soft Suede card stock.  I made some loops out of Calypso Coral ribbon, wrapped the prongs of a Pool Party brad around the center and added it to one strip of the designer paper.  Both of the designer paper strips were then added to the card front.  A piece of Naturals White card stock was matted with Calypso Coral and Soft Suede card stocks.  The row of cupcakes from the Sweet Shop stickers was added and the whole thing attached to the card with dimensionals.  I heat embossed images from the Create a Cupcake stamp set with VersaMark, Soft Suede (cupcake wrapper), and Calypso Coral (cherry) inks and clear embossing powder on Naturals White card stock.  The frosting was heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I punched them all out with the Cupcake Builder punch as well as the Pool Party sprinkles.  All parts were popped up with dimensionals on a circle of Pool Party card stock that was matted with a Soft Suede scallop circle.  The sprinkles were added with liquid glue.  I added doodle dots in each scallop with a white gel pen.  This layer was also attached with dimensionals.  That's it for my card today.  Enjoy the week.  Take time for yourself to enjoy some creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products 
Stamp Set:  Create a Cupcake (w-#121915/c-#121982)
Ink:  Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657); Calypso Coral Ink Pad (#122939); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Calypso Coral Card Stock (#119794); Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Sweet Shop Specialty Designer Series Paper (#125408)
Tools:  Bit Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Cupcake Builder Punch (#121807); Heat Tool (#100005); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021)
The Finishing Touches:  Sweet Shop Designer Stickers (#125584); 2011-2013 In Color Designer Printed Brads (#122940); Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (Sale-a-bration #127279); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)

 

7 comments:

Rita said...

Patti, this made me HUNGRY! :) I love all the cute cupcakes. I love the colors and that fun DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

All of these cupcakes are divine! What a cute card!

Handcrafted By Dawn said...

Patti,
Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog, they are especially helpful this week. I love the masculine cards you have on your blog, I know I will be CASEing a few if you don't mind. I have to say I adore the Snowed In for Christmas card...makes me even more sad that I did not order that DSP. Great blog, I know I will be returning!

My Creative Side said...

I am really loving this stamp set and DSP!!! What a wonderful card to give to the Operation Write Home. Love the colors!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, what a great card ... loove those cupcakes and I love this colour combo too .. great work!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Ann Schach said...

Oh how adorable, Patti! I love your designer cupcake with the embossed frosting! Awesome!

Patty Mickle said...

What a great card, Patti! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration!