Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Luv For My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day to all.  My card today was made for my hubby, my Valentine for over 42 years.  I was originally going to CASE a card I saw on Debbie Henderson's blog but I was having a hard time trying to decide what paper to use.  He is a traditional type guy so I knew it had to be red, white and black.  So instead of making a "lips" card, I opted to use Debbie's template and just make the lips the focal point on the card.  I made an easel card because whenever I give him a card, it sits on display for quite a lonnnng time. 
After finishing the card, I decided to submit it to two challenges:  Paper Lovin' Gals #18 and Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #105.

The base is Real Red card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" and 6-3/8".  Red hearts were punched

out of Red Glimmer Paper with the Heart to Heart Punch and the Small Heart Punch, attached to a piece of Whisper White card stock and then run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder for the inlaid embossing look.  Basic Black card stock was used to mat this layer.  Using Debbie's lip template, I cut the lip out of Real Red card stock.  The image from the Sprinkled Expressions stamp set was heat embossed on the lip with VersaMark and white embossing powder.  The sentiment letters were cut out of Whisper White card stock with
the Big Shot and the Timeless Type Jr. Alphabet diesDazzling Diamonds were added  to the letters with a glue pen.  Five Basic Black brads were added.  I glitzed it up even more with some Dazzling Details all around the edge of the lip.  The lip was popped up with dimensionals on the embossed layer and the whole thing added to the card front.  For the strip inside that holds the card front upright I first embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock with the Big Shot and the Adorning Accents hearts embossing folder.  This was matted with Basic Black card stock and Red Glimmer paper.  To avoid wasting the glimmer paper, I cut two thin strips and attached them to the black layer before adding the embossed hearts layer.  I
then added a piece of Real Red ribbon and attached the whole thing to the card.  I stamped the S.W.A.K. stamp with Real Red ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock and glossed it up with Crystal Effects.  After it dried, it was added to the embossed heart strip with dimensionals.  Lots of glitter but I think it's okay for Valentine's day.  First thing hubby said was "it's the right colors".  Do I know him or what!  If you didn't get a chance to be creative, I hope you at least had a fun Valentine's day.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Sprinkled Expressions (w-#125130/c-#125132 - Sale-a-bration); S.W.A.K. (#120861)
Ink:  VersMark (#102283); Real Red Ink Pad (#103133)
Card Stock:  Real Red (#102482); Basic Black (#121045); Whisper White (#100730); Red Glimmer Paper (#121790)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Paper Snips (#103579); Adorning Accents Embossing Folders (#125601); Timeless Type Jr. Alphabet Medium Sizzlits Dies (#115951); Heat Tool (#100005); Heart to Heart Punch (#119881); Small Heart Punch (#117193)
The Finishing Touches:  Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Neutrals Brads (#119736); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Dazzling Details (#124117); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Crystal Effects (#101055)

    

10 comments:

Michele K. said...

Now that is a BIG KISS! Love the glitter lip liner and the glitter hearts! Thanks for joining us at the PLG this week! :)

The Stamper's Touch said...

Oh my goodness but this is fabulous!! What a great card, and an easel besides...fun all the way around. Thanks for joining us at Paper Lovin' Gals.

Linda

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Thanks for linking your brilliant card up to our challenge. Love those oversized red lips that say LOVE.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Paper Lovin' Gals DT

Dawn Braun said...

LOL....Love the Huge Red Lips! I'm sure your honey was very happy to open this Valentine yesterday! Also fab idea to put the glittered heart on the paper before running it though the Big Shot with the EF. Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Patti! This is lip-a-licious! It is over-the-top cute!

inkedx2 said...

Those huge lips are so cute! What a great card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Just a Thought... said...

OMG!!! Those LIPS!!! Too cute!!! Love it!! Thank you for participating with HSS this week!!! Amy L.

Krista said...

"luv" the giant kissy lips! So cute!! I also like the way you incorporated the glitter paper and so many different textures with the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

gvaldes01 said...

Luv those big lips on your card. So creative. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Those lips don't need any plastic surgery, hehe! Very cute! And I love all the red!