Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

M, It's Your Birthday!

Today is my younger son's birthday and I honestly can't tell you where all the years went.  I do know we are blessed with  two terrific sons and I wouldn't trade a minute of the time they've shared our lives.  This card is based on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #241.

I chose Soft Suede card stock for the base of the card.  I matted a strip of Mocha Morning designer paper with Soft Suede card stock and added it to a piece of Very Vanilla textured card stockEarly Espresso
Baker's Twine was wrapped around  three times and fastened in the back with glue dots.  An Antique Brad was added using glue dots.  The image from the You're My Type stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark, Early Espresso ink and clear embossing powder.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was heat embossed with VersaMark and gold embossing powder.  I cut the sentiment piece so that it would fit where the paper would go on the typewriter.  I rolled it a little over my bone folder to soften it up and give it a not so stiff look.  After cutting a slit along the "bar" going across (not sure what the technical term is but it's what hold's the paper down - can you believe I used manual typewriters when I first learned to type!!), I inserted the paper, hopefully to give it the look of a typed piece of paper.  The image was matted with Soft Suede card stock.  I also matted another piece of the Mocha Morning designer paper with Soft Suede card stock.  The image layer was attached over the designer paper layer and then they were added to the card front with dimensionals.  I really like this stamp probably because it brings back lots of memories.  What a hassle it was typing and having to make corrections on multiple carbon copies.  My typing was much better back then in order to avoid having to do that.  I will say I do prefer the ease of typing with the computer; just backspace to get rid of mistakes.  And it even checks your spelling for you.  I'm glad you stopped by so I could share my son's card with you.  Have a great day full of fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  You're My Type (w-#125564/c-#125650)
Ink:  Early Espresso Ink Pad (#119670); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Neutrals 12x12 Textured Card Stock (#121078); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper (#122366)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005)
The Finishing Touches:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine (#123124); Antique Brads (#117273); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

      

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I absolutely love this! Great job with the sketch!

angelswhostamp said...

he will love his card! I like the mocha morning paper slanted behind the typewriter paper!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great Guy Card. Love the stripes and clean look of this. Thanks for playing along.

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Patti! Clean and masculine! This is one set I hope they carry over! It is so versatile!

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is totally awesome!! I love the clean lines and it is perfect for a guy!! That is the hardest thing for me, guy cards!! You nailed this one!!

I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #52 with a link back to your blog on 2-12-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Selene Kempton said...

This is fantastic. I love the clean and beautiful look of this card.

Dale Morin said...

Patti, I have yet to buy this set but I keep seeing such great cards using it so I may just have to break down and get it. TFS

Leslie Hopwah said...

Love the card. Great job!