Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easter in Purple

I paired up the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #245 with the Paper Lovin' Gals Inspiration Challenge #21 for this Easter card full of doilies.  As you can see from the inspiration challenge, I used the colors as my inspiration.

Concord Crush card stock is used as the base of the card.  I added a layer of Flirtatious designer paper.  A piece of Perfect Plum card stock was punched with the Lace 
Ribbon Border Punch, cut in half lengthwise, and  attached to the bottom edge of a piece of Cheerful Treat designer paper.  I then stamped the smallest doily from the Delicate Doilies stamp set on a piece of Perfect Plum card stock with Perfect Plum ink.  After being sure the ink was dry, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Delightful Dozen stamp set on this same piece using VersaMark and white embossing powder.  This layer was matted with Concord Crush card stock.  I cut off one
of the doilies from the Flirtatious designer paper and attached it to a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock.  I trimmed off the overhang and matted it with Concord Crush card stock.  A Perfect Plum brad was added to the center of the doily.  After adding this layer to the card, I added the strip with the ribbon border to the card overlapping the bottom of the white doily layer.  The sentiment layer was then added.  A doily punched from Wisteria Wonder card stock with the Doily Triple Layer Punch was attached to a Whisper White card stock 1-3/8" circle and both of these added to a Concord Crush 1-3/4" scallop circle.  It was attached to the card using dimensionals.  The Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon bow was attached using glue dots.  Lots of doilies and lots of purple make for a festive Easter card.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your week is turning out to be a good one and you're having some fun being creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Delicate Doilies (w-#122590/c-#122592); Delightful Dozen (w-#122650/c-#122652)
Ink:  Perfect Plum Ink Pad (#101437); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Concord Crust Card Stock (#119792); Perfect Plum Card Stock (#101889); Wisteria Wonder Card Stock (#122922); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Flrtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper (#122360); Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (#122381 - Hostess)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Doily Triple Layer Punch (#122465); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); Lace Ribbon Border Punch (#122362)
The Finishing Touches:  Wisteria Wonder 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (#122973); Subtles Brads (#119738); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

    

12 comments:

Michey said...

I adore this sketch, and your card is beautiful, Patti! Such a cool color scheme! Thank you so much for inspiring me this morning!

Michele F. said...

This is PERFECTO!!!! I love this card. So pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Lovin' Gals this week.
Michele F.
PLG DT

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Doilies Doilies everywhere. Great Card!!!

Holly said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love how you used the sketch with the colors. Great use of the purple color combo. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Lovin' Gals.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Beautiful purple creation Patti. Thanks for sharing it with us this week.


Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Paper Lovin' Gals DT

Tammy said...

Wow! I love all the doilies and how they all coordinate! Beautiful card!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is gorgeous. I don't use sketches, but I've seen so many wonderful creations - but this one tops it for me. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Monique said...

Lovely use of purples! I like your mix of stamping, punching and DSP. Such a fun card for Easter.
Cheers
Monique

Selene Kempton said...

Great monochromatic design! You rocked it out!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Patti!! Just wanted to make sure that you received my email about Monday.
Thanks!
Lesley

Nance Leedy said...

Pretty in purple, that's what this card is! Love all the doilies and the loopy font of the sentiment you chose is the perfect companion to the doilies! Thanks for stopping my my blog today! (hugs)

Dale Morin said...

Another wonderful card. Love these colors. I didn't realize it has been so long since I visited. All your posts are wonderful and I really enjoy your creativity.