Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy First Birthday

Today is my great niece's first birthday.  (Happy birthday Mia).  I don't get the chance to make cards for children too often and  this punch art card was so much fun to do.  It is based on the Stampin' Royalty #116 Sketch Challenge.  My little punch art lion is one of Jackie Topa's cute critters.

The card base is Very Vanilla card stock.  I added a layer of Wild Wasabi card stock and then a layer of Just Add Cake

designer paper.  Another piece of Wild Wasabi card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Adorning Accents Edgelits die.  I attached another piece of the designer paper to that layer.  The sentiment from the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock which was then matted with Poppy Parade card stock.  A Wild Wasabi glimmer brad was added.  This was popped up on the front with dimensionals.  I punched out a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock with the 2-1/2" Circle punch and attached it to the designer paper.  A variety of punches were used to make the lion from Soft Suede, So Saffron and Basic Black card stocks.  The head was then attached to the Wild Wasabi circle with dimensionals.  I'm not sure what one year old children like in the way of cards.  Hopefully she'll enjoy the colors at least.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Make every moment count - find some time for fun and creating.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (w-#122675/c-#122617)
Ink:  Poppy Parade (#119782); Soft Suede (#115657); So Saffron (#105213); Basic Black Marker (#100082)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Wild Wasabi Card Stock (#108641); Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); So Saffron Card Stock (#105118); Poppy Parade Card Stock (#119793); Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper (#124339)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (#125595) 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); Blossom Punch (#125603); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 3/4" Circle Punch (#119873); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Cupcake Builder Punch (#121807); Scallop Oval Punch (#119856); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Subtles Glimmer Brads (#121004); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

  

11 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

What a cute, fun card Patti. I love finding other uses for our punches. I'm sure she will love it.

Jenn Picard said...

Oh my gosh what a sweet card! Love the colours and that punch art lion is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week:)

Chanda Stehlik said...

Well, here I come over to tell you thanks for your kind comment and to CASE-away and I see this totally ADORABLE card that I'M going to have to CASE now! Sooooo cute! LOVE it! Have a happy day!

~Chanda

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, this is so adorable! I hope you don't mind that I've Pinned it, so I can refer back later when I need a cute kids card!

Shari Winterstein said...

Patti, this SO cute! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ms. Anon. said...

Love this card. It leaps out at me. Gorgeous color scheme, amazing punch art. I would love to CASE it!

Linda Callahan said...

Way beyond cute! That lion is adorable!

Sandie Conner said...

I love that lion Patti! I am sure Mia will love it Great job! Thanks for having fun with the goddesses over at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Carrie Rhoades said...

What a cute punch art lion! I love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Stampin' Royalty!!

Joan said...

This lion is so stinkin' cute!!!! It's made all that much better by the wonderful face you've put on him.

Dale Morin said...

He is really adorable. I have to make this card for my daughter. She will be 40 but I know she will love it. Thanks for sharing him.