Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Love Birds

This week I am a guest designer for the A La Card Monkey Challenge #101.  I got to do this because my scrapbook page here was a top pick for challenge #99.  Stop by and see what you can do with the challenge this week.  Since spring was also a theme for this challenge, I went with a wedding card.  My son and daughter-in-love are coming up on their first anniversary in May so that's why I associated spring with weddings.
My card base is Whisper White card stock.  I ran two smaller pieces of Whisper White through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots and the Finial Press embossing folders and attached them to the card front.  With the Big Shot and the Perfect Pennants die, I cut out the large pennant from a piece of Baja Breeze card stockSince the large pennant was too big for my purpose, I trimmed off a little from both long sides with a paper cutter.  Using the same die, I cut the medium size pennant out of Twitterpated designer paper and added this to the larger pennant.  A bow was made with Whisper White ribbon.  I inserted the tails through a hole I punched in the pennant with the crop-a-dile and fastened them on the back.  I added another piece of ribbon through the hole and up over the top of the pennant and fastened that to the back also.  The image from the Easy Events stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock with StazOn ink.  I colored it with blender pens and Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Island Indigo and Pear Pizzazz ink pads.  It was attached with glue dots to the center of a piece of Blushing Bride card stock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the rectangle shaped Designer Frame embossing folder.  Before attaching the image, I trimmed around the edges of the frame.  The frame was attached below the ribbon with dimensionals.  Love is in the air on this beautiful spring day.  Enjoy the upcoming weekend.  Even with the lovely weather we're having outside, I hope you get some fun time creating inside.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Easy Events (w-#116958/c-#123225)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Baja Breeze Ink Pad (#111833); Blushing Bride Ink Pad (#119786); Island Indigo Ink Pad (#122937); Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad (#119784)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Baja Breeze (#111352); Blushing Bride (#119796); Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (#125406)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die (#123126); Designer Frames Embossing Folders (#123130); Paper Snips (#103579); Paper Cutter (#104152); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Blender Pens (#102845)
The Finishing Touches:  Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#114616); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

  

5 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Cindy said...

So sweet! Pinning this one, too!

Traci said...

Patti, was a beautiful card. I love the texture you have as your background. So dimensional!

Traci

www.depletingthestash.blogspot.com

Terry Blais said...

Your designer frame really helps the main image POP on your card. I love the colors and sentiment. Thanks so much for being our A La Card Monkey guest designer!

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Patti your card is so Beautiful! Love the color combo and the all the different embossing!! This card is one of my fav's this week for sure! Thanks for being on our Guest Design Team at A La Card Monkey this week!!

Hugs
Shirley