Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Merry Dasher

Welcome all to my weekly Christmas card post.  As usual, I am using the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge #13 for this card.  This has now become a personal challenge for me to try and participate each week.

My card base is So Saffron card stock.  Yes, I know, not a typical Christmas color but I picked the color up from the retired Holly Berry Specialty Designer Paper.  The designer paper was distressed around the edges and then sponged with
Chocolate Chip ink.  I also spritzed it using the Spritzer Tool and the Chocolate Chip marker.  It was attached to the card front.  The image from the Dasher stamp was heat embossed with Versamark, Chocolate Chip ink and clear embossing powder on Naturals Ivory card stock.  I distressed the edges of the image layer as well as the Wild Wasabi mat and sponged both with Chocolate Chip ink.  Before attaching it to the card, I added three So Saffron brads.  Sticky strip was used to attach and ruffle the Victoria Crochet Trim.  The sentiment from the retired Perfect Ending stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with Chocolate Chip ink, punched out with a 1" Circle Punch, sponged around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and matted with a Cherry Cobbler circle.  The little tree and star were colored in with Wild Wasabi and So Saffron markers.  Dimensionals were used to pop this up on the card.  My Christmas card stash is slowly growing and I envision less stress come December.  Maybe you can join in the fun and create for Christmas.  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Dasher a la carte (#116816); Perfect Ending (retired)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Ink Pad (#100908); VersaMark (#102283); Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Marker (#120975); So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker (#105114); Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker (#100071)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  So Saffron Card Stock (#105118); Wild Wasabi Card Stock (#108641); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  1" Circle Punch (#119868); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); Heat Tool (#100005); Cutter Kit (#106958); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (#118481); Subtles Brads (#119738); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 

 

7 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

I have been resisting buying dasher since I first saw it over a year ago but gave in and ordered it this month so looking forward to it arriving to play with it! Love how you have used this very gorgeous stamp and adore the lace trim too.
Well done.
Catherine
X

Bonnie said...

I, like Catie, resisted buying Dasher until recently. Then I didn't even think about him for this challenge! He looks very distinguished here and I like the Saffron card stock and brads.

Lesley said...

I also love Dasher Patti! He looks great with saffron and the distressed edges are a terrific touch! Another card for your stash! Yippee!
Smiles,
Lesley

Shari Winterstein said...

I have resisted and am still sorta resisting. This is such a cute card. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Christy Q said...

Love Dasher so it is always a treat seeing him and I love seeing how you featured him on your card!

Ann Schach said...

Great job, Patti! Dasher is my favorite of the Christmas stamps! I love the lace...it is the perfect touch!

Dale Morin said...

I love Dasher also. It is such a great stamp. Love your card. You do beautiful work.