Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Merry Monday Guest

Today I am a guest designer on the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge #11.  I was invited after Lesley chose this card as the winner of challenge #9.  This is my card for this week.

My card base is Whisper White card stock.  I 
added a layer of Twitterpated designer paper.  A piece of Riding Hood Red card stock was then added over the designer paper.  A strip of Riding Hood Red card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and matted with a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock.  A gold brad was added on each side of this strip.  The sentiment from the Welcome Christmas stamp set was heat embossed on vellum card stock with VersaMark and gold embossing powder.  The sentiment and a piece of Twitterpated designer paper were both cut out with the Big Shot and non-SU oval dies.  I attached the two together with glue dots behind the embossed letters.  Since the vellum wasn't attached to the designer paper anywhere except the center I needed a way to adhere them without the adhesive showing through.  I made holes around the oval using a paper piercer and the paper-piercing template from the Mat Pack.  I threaded a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine through a large-eye needle that I keep on my work table and threaded it around the oval, tying a bow at the bottom.  Out of Riding Hood Red card stock I punched two flowers with the Boho Blossoms punch.  I rolled the edge of one flower to separate the two layers to give it more dimension.  A gold brad attached the two flowers together and to the oval above the bow.  This layer was added to the card with dimensionals.  That completes another card to add to my Christmas assortment.  Create your card and add it to this week's Merry Monday challenge.  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Riding Hood Red Card Stock (#111348); Lucky Limeade Card Stock (#122926); White Vellum Card Stock (#101856); Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (#125406)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Boho Blossoms Punch (#119858); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Mat Pack (#105826); Paper Piercing Tool (#116631)
The Finishing Touches:  Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine (#123125); Gold Brads (#104337); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Good morning Patti!! You have created a beautiful card with the sketch, I love the embossed "JOY" and the stitching you did with the twine. SO classy!! Thank you for being my GD this week at Merry Monday!
Hugs,
Lesley

Betty Benton said...

Saw your card over at Lesley's and just wanted to come by and say "Great job -- love your card!"

Beth said...

I LOVE your idea of the stitching around the edge with the twine. Never would have thought of that. I also love that Twitterpated paper. I haven't caved and ordered it yet, but I still may...
Thanks for your sweet comments on my Easter scrap book layout! :)

Catie Cuddles said...

Thats a beautiful card and love the way you did the stitching wit the twine ... Very clever!

Bonnie said...

Great card! I love the embossed Joy and that sweet flower below! Great choice of DSP too.

Dale Morin said...

I keep saying I have to start making Christmas cards. This one is beautiful. I have a daughter, Joy and she always sends out Joy cards. This would be perfect for her.