Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Bright, Bright & More Bright

Happy Friday to all, especially those of you who are looking forward to the next two days off work.  My card today is based on the Mojo Monday Challenge #236.  I didn't add a sentiment because it can be used for a number of different occasions so it will be on hand for when I need it.  I really liked this challenge because it was perfect for using lots of designer paper.

I started with Daffodil Delight card stock for the base.  I cut 
different strips of the Summer 
Smooches designer paper and added them to a piece of Island Indigo card stockDaffodil Delight ribbon was tied around the card and an Island Indigo brad was attached to fit over the knot.  This layer was then attached to the card front.  The image from the Bright Blossoms stamp set was inked up with Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight markers and stamped on Whisper White card stock.  It was punched out with a circle punch.  I matted the image layer with a piece of Island Indigo card stock punched out with a scallop punch.  The dots were added with a gel pen.  I inked up just the vase again, stamped it on the white card stock and cut it out.  It was attached over the image with dimensionals.  I decided to add Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry brads over the flower in the vase.  Dimensionals were used to pop up this layer on the card.  There you have it - my colorful card to start off the weekend.  I hope you enjoyed the card today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a fun weekend; try to add a little creative time each day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Bright Blossoms (w-#125495/c-#125497)
Ink:  2011-2013 In Color Markers (#123003); Daffodil Delight Marker (#119677); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (#125409)
Tools:  2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119254); 2011-2013 In Color Designer Printed Brads (#122940); Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   

4 comments:

Boni said...

Such a great card. I love all the colors. I need to get movin on the Summer Smooches. Enjoy your weekend!

~Boni Montano
http://stampinsweet.blogspot.com

angelswhostamp said...

'Refreshing' is the word that came to mind when I saw this card!

Eileen Lang said...

I love these colors and what you did with them on the card. Very bright and cheerful.

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous way to showcase this designer paper, Patti! So bright and cheery!