Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cupcake Invite

Hi out there.  I'm being creative lazy this week.  I was going through some photos on my computer and came across this cupcake tree from my daughter-in-love's bridal shower last year.  I remembered the A la Card Monkey Sketch Challenge #104 was to also use cupcake(s).  Be sure to check out the yummy cupcake in their sketch.  And the Rubber Redneck Color Roundup #69 had some colors I thought would work with this.  So today I created my card in My Digital Studio.
The digital items I used are as follows.  Crumb cake color was used for the card base.  I then filled in a square punch with Baja Breeze Script designer paper.  Using the half circle punch, I made a vertical row of punches and filled them with Peach Parfait Wallpaper designer paper.  Another square punch was used to make the strip of Soft Suede.  The punches can be resized without getting distorted.  Baja Breeze pleated 
satin ribbon was added along the edge of the Soft Suede and Crumb Cake baker's twine was added over that.  I added the photo of the cupcakes and matted it with Peach Parfait.  The layers for the sentiment were:  1. Modern Label punch filled in with Peach Parfait;  2. Word Window punch filled in with Very Vanilla;  3. sentiment from Wedding Sweet color changed to Soft Suede.  Two Baja Breeze brads were added to the sentiment layer.  I added drop shadows to most of the elements (event the sentiment) to give it some depth.  Some don't show up as well as others.  I'm taking another My Digital Studio class with Heather Summers on line so I'm thinking digital a lot these days.  Hope you like my digital creation today.  I'll see you soon.



4 comments:

Terry Blais said...

That's a new term for me - "creative lazy." lol Those cupcakes look yummy! I love the colors in your card. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! Very cool MDS creation! The colors and sketch both worked perfectly! AND those cupcakes look so yummy, too!

jaydee said...

Isn't MDS perfect for this sort of thing! You brought the colors and the sketch together beautifully.
So glad you joined the Monkey challenge this week
Jaydee

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

So yummy looking!! This was a great MDS card!! The sketch worked really well with it! Thanks for playing along with the Color Round Up Color Challenge!! Sorry it took so long to get back to you :)