Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Festive Merry Bells

Happy weekend all.  I didn't think I'd get a chance to get a Christmas card done this week, but I managed to squeak one in right under the wire.  This week I used two Christmas challenges:  Merry Monday #14 and Festive Friday #13 Color Challenge.  It does seem strange that I've got a Christmas card the day before Easter but I wanted to see if I could keep up each week.

For my card base I chose Very Vanilla card stock.  To that I added a layer of the Summer Smooches designer paper.  A Crumb Cake card stock strip was added on top of the designer paper.  I took a piece of Pool Party card stock and made a cross hatch design  using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Diagonal Plate.  This layer was matted with Island Indigo card stockA bow was made with the 
Crumb Cake ribbon and added across this layer.  I then attached this to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was matted with Island Indigo card stock.  The top corners of both of these pieces were rounded before attaching them together.  This layer was then added to the card front.  I heat embossed the image from the Bells and Boughs stamp set with VersaMark, Island Indigo ink and clear embossing powder on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was cut out with the Circle Scissor Plus.  This was matted with an Island Indigo circle also cut out the the Circle Scissor.  This was attached to the card with dimensionals.  Rhinestones were added as the holly berries and Dazzling Details was added on the bell trim; difficult to see in the photo but it adds just a little bit of bling to the card.  This turned out to be a very clean and simple card but I enjoyed working with the sketch and the colors.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Bells and Boughs (w-#120831/c-#121142)
Ink:  Island Indigo Ink Pad (#122937); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (#125409)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334); Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (#125586); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122332); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Dazzling Details (#124117); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

9 comments:

Nicole Derendorf said...

That is a gorgeous card Patti! Thanks for playing along!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Patti! I love your choice of papers and the lattice scoring!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the colours you used. Thank you for playing Merry Monday.

Wendy said...

Oh I just love this in these colors! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

LeAnne said...

Oh my....this is just lovely! I will have to check out your other challenge, I've not seen that one! I love these colors---and you did a wonderful job with the challenge! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love Bells and Boughs stamped in Island Indigo! The scoring is the perfect touch!

Sarah said...

Such a clean and beautiful card Patti! Love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us this week :)

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Another great card. The scoring is great. Adds the perfect touch.

Alison Barclay said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamped image and how you've added texture with the scoring. :)