Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Joy at Christmas

Today I have my Christmas card for the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge #16.  This is a weekly challenge which helps you get a head start on your Christmas cards.  By the time December rolls around, you won't feel the pressure of having to create your cards.

My card today has a base of Glossy White card stock.  Three strips of the retired Frostwood Lodge designer paper were matted with Garden Green card stock and attached to the card front.
The main image is the wreath from the Welcome Christmas stamp set.  I used the VersaMark ghost technique with this image.  It was first stamped on a piece of Glossy White card stock with VersaMark ink.  After letting it dry for a while, I used a brayer and rolled across it with Garden Green ink.  When the ink was dry, I wiped the wreath with a paper towel to remove the excess ink off the white wreath.  I then matted this with Frostwood Lodge designer paper and Garden Green card stock.  It was added to the card with glue dots.  A small bow was made with the Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and added to the wreath with a glue dot.  Pearls were colored with a permanent marker and added to the wreath.  The sentiment from the Perfect Punches stamp set was stamped twice on Glossy White card stock, once with Cherry Cobbler ink and once with Garden Green ink.  I punched out the Cherry Cobbler image with a scallop punch.  I then punched out the center of the Garden Green image with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, added it to the scallop image and popped it up on the card with dimensionals.  The smaller image from the Tags til Christmas stamp set was colored with Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green markers, stamped on Glossy White card stock and punched out with the Small Oval Punch.  It was added to the card with a dimensional.  I've completed another for this challenge.  Check out the challenge; there's still a lot of time before the holidays roll around to get a head start on your cards.  I hope you're enjoying your weekend and finding some time for fun and creating.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597); Perfect Punches (w-#117022/c-#120516); Tags til Christmas (w-#120847/c-#121169)
Ink:  Garden Green Ink Pad (#102272); Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad (#119669); VersaMark (#102283); Garden Green Marker (#100080); Cherry Cobbler Marker (#119681)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Glossy White Card Stock (#102599); Garden Green Card Stock (#102584); Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Brayer (#102395); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); Small Oval Punch (#120908)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine (#123125); Basic Pearls (#119247); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

 

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh Patti! This is really festive and classy! I love that designer paper with the wreath. I'll bet the glossy CS looks fabulous! Thanks for joining in!
Hugs,
Lesley

Shelia said...

Your wreath looks so lovely. I've not heard of this technique, but I love the result! very pretty and festive card!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the festive colours.

Catie Cuddles said...

What a classy wreath!

LeAnne said...

Lovely classic card---the plaid is just perfect for your little tags! Thanks for participating in the Merry Monday challenge with us this week!

Deborah said...

Wonderful card, Patti! I can't wait to start making Christmas cards - they're such fun!
Thanks for visiting my blog, too!
~Deborah Smart

Carrie Sampsel said...

What a pretty card and what a fabulous idea to start now on Christmas Cards. Love the wreath.

Shari Winterstein said...

I'm catching up! I bought a bazillion packages of this paper and my husband even loves it! This is a beautiful card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

Another wonderful Christmas card!!!!