Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Thanks a Bunch

Happy Good Friday to all today.  I haven't been around for about a week because my sister-in-law was visiting and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.  We all shared a lot of laughs together.  My card today is for the Simply 
Stampin' Color Challenge and the Craft Project Central Challenge #10.  I needed a thank you card and I thought these cheerful colors would help express my gratitude.

The card base is Daffodil Delight card stock.  Another piece of Daffodil Delight was run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I added the Whisper White ribbon and then attached it to the card front.  A strip of Tangerine Tango card
stock was snipped at one end and the sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set was stamped with Basic Black ink.  The banner was added to the ribbon.  Summer Smooches designer paper was punched out with a square punch and matted with Wild Wasabi card stock that was punched out with the Postage Stamp punch.  I attached them to a piece of Whisper White card stock and added this layer to the card front with glue dots.  I rock and rolled the image from the Mixed Bunch stamp set using Daffodil Delight ink first and then rolling the edges on Tangerine Tango ink.  It was then stamped on Whisper White card stock.  I punched it out with the Blossom punch.  Another blossom was punched out of Wild Wasabi card stock using the same punch.  I cut the ends off each petal and attached them to the back of the stamped flower petals.  A Wild Wasabi glimmer brad was added in the center.  Dimensionals were used to pop it up on the card front.  There you have it - a bright, colorful card that says thanks a bunch.  Enjoy your Friday.  See you tomorrow.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501); Mixed Bunch (w-#125535/c-#125537)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight Ink Pad (#119667); Tangerine Tango Ink Pad (#111834); Basic Black Ink Pad (#101179)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight Card Stock (#119683); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Wild Wasabi Card Stock (#108641); Tangerine Tango Card Stock (#111349); Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (#125409)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Blossom Punch #125603); 1" Square Punch (#124094); Postage Stamp Punch (#122344); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Subtles Glimmer Brads (#121004); Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#114616); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

6 comments:

Alison xx said...

What a great card, I love your embossed background.Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Very pretty! I love the rock and roll technique on your flower - cute!!!

Jacque said...

Very pretty! And I never noticed before how much the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder matched the pattern in that flower! I'm going to have to pair them up too! Thanks for sharing!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love the texture. These colors are perfect together!

PaperFairyKris said...

This is so pretty! I love the angle that you cut out the DSP with the squares. Great way to combine two challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Project Central.

Dale Morin said...

I didn't realize it had been so long since I was here. Love this card too. Great colors.