Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Warm Hearts for Christmas

I had some time on my hands today so I thought I would put together my Christmas card for this week.  When I saw the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge #17, I knew just what I wanted to do.  I pulled out my favorite snowmen and used them on this card.

For the card base I chose Certainly Celery card stock.  I ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I spritzed it quite liberally with Frost White 
Shimmer Paint that was mixed with rubbing alcohol.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the photo.  I matted this layer with Old Olive and Marina Mist card stocks and attached it to the card front,  The three images from the Merry Winter stamp set were colored with Marina Mist, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, More Mustard and Basic Black markers and stamped on Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the heart from the same stamp set on the sentiment with More Musard ink.  They were punched out with a 1-1/4" Circle punch and matted with a 1-3/8" circle of Marina Mist card stock.  Dimensionals were used to attach them to the card.  I then added Dazzling Details to parts of the images and the embossed snowflakes to give it a little more sparkle.  This was a great sketch and a very easy card to put together.  I know most of you are not in the mood to make Christmas cards, but when you have a simple sketch to work with, it can go together quickly.  Stop by the challenge and join in the fun.  Well, we're over the hump for this week and it's all down hill from here.  Enjoy the rest of your week with some creative fun.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Merry Winter (w-#122700/c-#122702)
Ink:  More Mustard Ink Pad (#103162); Marina Mist Marker (#119679); Old Olive Marker (#100079); Certainly Celery Marker (#105106); More Mustard Marker (#100076); Basic Black Marker (#100082)
Card Stock:  Certainly Celery (#105125); Old Olive (#100702); Marina Mist (#119682); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860)
The Finishing Touches:  Dazzling Details (#124117); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Awww, this is so cute, Patti! Love your little snowmen and the pretty embossing folder you used! Thank you for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is superb. Love the embossing, love the stamps and live the colour combo. Guess what ... I lov ethe card!

Notes by Nina said...

Such a cute card, love the snowman. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Allisa said...

Your snowmen are too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Dale Morin said...

Really, really cute! I keep saying I am going to start my Christmas cards but so far haven't done it. One of these days....

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is so cute! I absolutely LOVE snowmen! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Lesley said...

How fun Patti! Love that those snowmen seem to be popping up in the circle, like they are saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"...so cute!

LeAnne said...

OMGosh, this is tooooo cute! Love it! Thanks for playing with Merry Monday this week!

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

I love your Christmas card; it is so cute! You are way ahead of me...great idea to plan ahead.

Ann Schach said...

Another awesome Christmas card, Patti! The Dazzling Details are the perfect touch!