Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fly Away

Hi out there in blog land.  Boy have we had rain here two days straight.  It is definitely needed but I'll be happy to see the sunshine whenever it decides to make an appearance.  My card today is based on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #255.  Following are the details.

The card base is Whisper White card stock.  I added Nursery Nest designer paper and Whisper White card stock to a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock.
Retired Rich Razzleberry ribbon was attached and the layer added to the card.  Two pieces of Pear Pizzazz designer paper were matted with Rich Razzleberry card stock and attached to the card.  I sponged clouds on Whisper White card stock with Bashful Blue ink (I used a template I made a while ago with the scallop circle punch).  The birds from the Up, Up & Away stamp set were stamped over the clouds with Basic Black ink.  The sentiment from the On Your Birthday stamp set and the balloon baskets were heat embossed using VersaMark and black embossing powder.  This layer was popped up with dimensionals on the card.  On a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock I heat embossed two balloons from the Up, Up & Away stamp set using VersaMark, Rich Razzleberry and Pear Pizzazz inks and clear embossing powder.  I cut both out and added them with dimensionals over the clouds.  A bow was made from the same ribbon and attached with glue dots.  This card has a clean and simple look and didn't take that long to put together.  Thanks for stopping by.  Did you get a chance to have some creative fun today?

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Up, Up & Away (w-#122755/c-#122757); On Your Birthday (#111664)
Ink:  Bashful Blue Ink Pad (#105209); Basic Black Ink Pad (#101179); Rich Razzleberry Ink Pad (#115658); Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad (#119784); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (#115316); Nursery Nest Designer Series Paper (#122347); 2010-2012 In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper (#117158)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Paper Snips (#103579); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
 
  

 

9 comments:

gbarron56 said...

Patti -- I love your card! The colors, the images -- it all works so well with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Stamping 4411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

Wow Patti! This is gorgeous! i love the bright colors. What a great birthday card!

Patti Chesky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card. I love how you created the sky!!!

Boni said...

Lovely card! I like those colors together. I need to get that stamp set! :)

Smiles, Laurie said...

I love the sky. Great way to flip the sketch.

Tammy Fite said...

This is so pretty! Love the balloons and the sky! GREAT job!

Shannon Angel said...

Beautiful card, I love your color combinations. So honored to have made the Showcase with you! :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

WOW!!! You did a bang up job with this sketch!!! It's fantabulous!!!

Dale Morin said...

Really great card. I had to buy this set when it first come out and I am ashamed to say I have hardly used it. This card inspires me to get it out!