Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Glittery Tree

Today I'm sharing my weekly Christmas card using the Merry Monday Challenge #20.  I don't think I ever used this image so when I saw this sketch, I thought it would be a perfect fit.

The card base is Cherry Cobbler card stock.  A piece of retired Frostwood Lodge designer paper was added.  Garden Green card stock was matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock and added over the designer paper.  I used another piece of the designer paper for the horizontal strip.  
Two pieces of Whisper White card stock were punched out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and added to the back of the plaid paper.  This layer was then adhered to the card.  The image from the Christmas Lodge stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark, Garden Green ink and clear embossing powder.  I punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch as well as the Cherry Cobbler card stock that I used to mat the image layer.  You can't see this in the photo but I added Dazzling Diamonds to the tree branches using a glue pen.  It is so pretty in real life.  A gold glimmer brad was added to the top of the tree and the image popped up with dimensionals on the card.  That's 19 weeks out of 20 that the challenge has been going on (I missed the first week).  This has sort of become a personal challenge for me so I've decided Thursday will be my Christmas card day.  Here's hoping I can keep up.  Thanks again for coming by.  Get ready because the weekend is on top of us.  Get out there and have some fun being creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Christmas Lodge (w-#123767/c-#123769)
Ink:  Garden Green Ink Pad (#102272); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Garden Green Card Stock (#102584); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275); Ticket Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Glimmer Basic Brads (#121003); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

This is one of my favorite images, Patti! You have created a gorgeous card with it!

Nikki Bond said...

Love that image too...great for the sketch! You are on it girl...I should definitely be starting from Christmas cards too! I'm always scrambling at the last minute!

{SMILES}

lalacraftworld said...

Love this stamp and can't wait to get it! It's a gorgeous card!

Yolanda said...

That is a beautiful card! Perfect image for Christmas, and I love what you did with the lay out. TFS!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty, sparkly tree!

LeAnne said...

Patti, this is just gorgeous! I love the traditional colors, and the plaid panel gives it a nice country feel! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Patti, I left a comment but Im not sure it went thru - oh my I am so blonde.. but.. beautiful card! I'm thinking Christmas too! Maybe I will have them done by December if I start now.. hehe. Have a great weekend!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lesley said...

Beautiful colours and country feel, just so festive!

Dale Morin said...

I am really loving all your Christmas cards. I am going to be so jealous come December!