Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary - With Love

Today my son and daughter-in-love celebrate their first wedding anniversary.  I had a real loss of creativity trying to come up with a card for them.  Then one day when I was blog surfing, I came across LeeAnn Greff's blog with this card that I knew would be perfect for them.  I used a different greeting and colors, otherwise it is a true CASE.

This is a little larger than normal size card.  The base is Shimmery White card stock.  I used the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to make the embossed lines.  I stamped the sentiment with a stamp I bought at a local craft store a number of years ago using Midnight Muse ink.  Another piece of Shimmery White card stock was punched with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  I am so sorry to see this punch retire; it is a favorite of mine.  Six 1" circles were punched out of Midnight Muse card stock and attached to the back of the border.  Concord Crush glimmer brads were added to the center of each little doily.  A strip of Concord Crush card stock was added to the back of the border which was then added to the card with dimensionals.  I made a little bow with Concord Crush ribbon and attached it with glue dots.  This was a really simple card to make.  Thanks LeeAnn for the inspiration.  Have a great day of fun and creativity.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Ink:  Midnight Muse Ink Pad (#126860)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Shimmery White Card Stock (#101910); Midnight Muse Card Stock (#126843); Concord Crush Card Stock (#119792) 
Tools:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334); Lace Ribbon Border Punch (#122362); 1" Circle Punch (#119868)
The Finishing Touches:  2010-2012 In Color Glimmer Brads (#121005); Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119266); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

 

5 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

I love this card. Might use it in my August Stamp-a-stack class. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Patti, thanks for your comment on my hot air balloon card. Good luck and let me know when you have one done. Hugs,Bev

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! Clean and classy!

Dale Morin said...

Nice anniversary card. Love the scoring. It adds so much to cards.

Mary Director said...

What a great card!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog too.