Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Lodge Embossed Resist

Time for another Christmas card using this week's Merry Monday Challenge #18 sketch.  I was going for a vintage look which is not a typical style for me.


The card base is Naturals Ivory card stock.  I matted a piece of retired Spice Cake designer paper with Soft Suede card stock.  Both those pieces were sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink.  A piece of Pool Party ribbon was attached vertically and the layer was added to the card front.  The 
image from the retired Christmas Lodge stamp set was stamped with Very Vanilla Craft ink on Naturals Ivory card stock.  I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  After it cooled off, I sponged over the image and paper with Soft Suede ink.  Using a paper towel, I wiped across it to take off any excess ink from the embossed area.  This is called the embossed resist technique.  I then cut it out with one of the Labels Framelits dies and the Big Shot.  I did the same thing with the sentiment from the Bells and Boughs stamp set.  I then cut out Pool Party card stock with the same framelits, cut them in half horizontally and used the pieces to mat the image and the sentiment.  A little bit of Dazzling Diamonds was added to both with the 2-Way Glue Pen.  They were attached to the card with dimensionals.  For the final touch, I added some pearls.  Now that I see the finished card, I realize I could have sponged around the edges of the image and the sentiment.  Oh well, next time.  In the mood yet to make some Christmas cards?  If so, stop by the challenge and join in the fun and creativity.  Thanks for coming by.  I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Bells and Boughs (w-#120831/c-#121142); Christmas Lodge (retired)
Ink:  Very Vanilla Craft Ink Pad (#104308); Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598); Heat Tool (#100005); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribon (#122975); Basic Pearls (#119247); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425)
 
  
 

12 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, so beautiful, Patti! This image was made for the emboss resist technique! A perfect card, my friend!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is beautiful! Love the look of the embossed resist tech., pretty colors and the pearls! Fabulous card, Patti!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Angels Who Stamp said...

love this image in monochromatic tones - perfect! Didin't realize it was retired - I have it in the wrong drawer!

Sheri said...

Patti, this is so lovely, and I really enjoy Christmas cards with non-traditional colors. Great use of the emboss resist technique.

Renee said...

love love love this!! just beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I don't think you need to do another thing to this beautiful card! It's perfect as is. I'm not overly fond of vintage, but I love this!

nitestamper said...

Such an elegant card, Patti!!!!
love the technique and the framing!!!!
tfs:)

Catie Cuddles said...

Elegant and yet modern with vintage being so in vogue! Well done.

Lesley said...

Great technique with the emboss resist Patti! That image looks fabulous done that way! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Patti! I love your choice of papers and colors. You should do vintage more often! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week and sharing your creation with us!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, great job on the emboss resist. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card. You did a super job on this one.