Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day To My Hubby

My card today is the very colorful one I made for the father of my children and my terrific husband for Father's Day.  I got the idea for the sunburst from Julie Fields blog.  She has a short tutorial on her blog.

The card base is So Saffron card stock.  The sunburst is put together using the retired Just Add Cake designer paper.  It's done by cutting strips of designer paper and attaching them to a piece of card stock using a glue stick.  After making the sunburst, I added a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock that was run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  A piece of retired Poppy Parade ribbon was added to cover where the sunburst and embossed card stock come together.  Before attaching this layer to the card, I added three white brads, also retired.  The sentiment from the retired All Holidays stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  I cut it out and matted it with So Saffron card stock.  Dimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  This was so easy to put together.  If you have any questions about the sunburst, don't hesitate to ask.  Have a wonderful day and be sure the dads in your life have a special day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  All Holidays (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  So Saffron Card Stock (#105118); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Wild Wasabi Card Stock (#108641); Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  Wild Wasabi Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123224); Anywhere Glue Stick (#104045); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (retired); 5/8" Neutrals Jumbo Brads (retired)
 


2 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Great card, I have used this technique on a scrapbook page but never thought to do it on a card! I will have to give it a try.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Patti, this is fabulous! Love the colors and LOVE the sunburst! TFS. ((hugs))