Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Trees for Merry Monday

Today I have my card for the weekly Merry Monday Challenge #22.  I had planned on posting these Christmas cards on Thursday to help keep me on track to complete the challenge each week but the week got away from me.  I was doing some organizing in my craft space and it took away from my creative time.  The sad part is it still needs a lot more organizing.

My card base is Naturals Ivory card stock.  Another piece of
the same card stock was run through the Big Shot with the retired Snow Burst embossing folder.  It was matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock and attached to the card.  A strip of the trees paper from the Be of Good Cheer designer paper was sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink, matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock and added to the card front.  I heat embossed with sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set with VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  I stamped the image from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set with black StazOn ink on Naturals Ivory card stock.  It was colored in with Blender Pens and Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, So Saffron and Crumb Cake inks and punched out with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I punched the corners of a piece of Gumball Green card stock with a corner punch, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and attached to Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I attached it to the card with glue dots.  The image was popped up with dimensionals on the Gumball Green layer.  Basic pearls were added for a little extra accent.  I'll be adding this to my growing stash of Christmas cards.  If you have a little extra time, why not stop over and join the weekly Merry Monday challenge.  Enjoy your weekend.  Have fun and be creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Greeting Card Kids (w-#119887/c-#120633); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  Gumball Green Classic Stampin' Pad(#126861); Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad (#119669); Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad (#119668); So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad (#105213); Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); VersaMark (#102283); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (#119685); Gumball Green Card Stock (#126840); Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper (#126896)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906); Blender Pens (#102845); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Heat Tool (#100005); Snow Burst Embossing Folder (retired)
The Finishing Touches:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
 

8 comments:

melissa said...

very cute but dont want to think about xmas yet lol lol
melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Lesley said...

So cute Patti, don't you just love that new paper! Thank you for joining me at Merry Monday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this card is gorgeous Patti! I love your sweet little image - she's coloured beautifully! So glad to see you playing along this week at Merry Monday!

Dale Morin said...

Another great Christmas card!

LeAnne said...

So fun---good to see this new paper and how well it goes with an older set! Thanks for playing along with us this week with the Merry Monday challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...this is so cute! I LOVE Greeting Card Kids. This little girl is such an adorable image for holiday cards! Of course, the texture is the perfect touch!

Bonnie said...

Everything fits together so perfectly on this card, Patti! So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love the bold paper and the adorable image. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.