Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Trees in Silhouette

My card today is one I used for a class.  I had to keep it simple for the people attending and the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #261 fit the bill.  I also wanted to create a masculine card because whenever I need one, there is never one in my stash.

For the base I chose Midnight Muse card stock.  The next layer added was Summer Starfruit card stock.  I matted a piece of Comfort Cafe designer paper with Cajun Craze card stock and attached it to the card front.  I added a Very Vanilla jumbo brad to a strip of Midnight Muse card stock and attached it to the card.  I left off the bow because I felt it added a feminine touch that I didn't want.  The image from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with Soft Suede ink.  I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink and attached it to a piece of Cajun Craze card stock.  Dimensionals were used to attach this layer to the card.  The sentiment from the retired On Your Birthday stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock and punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  With the same punch, I punched out a piece of Midnight Muse card stock, cut it in half and attached it to the back of the sentiment.  I used a glue dot and a dimensional to add it to the card, the dimensional on the left so that side of the sentiment would be level with the right side.  When there are a lot of layers, sometimes one part ends up higher so that's how I make the adjustment.  As I said, this is a very clean and simple card.  The ladies appreciated how easy it was to put together.  Thanks for the visit.  I hope you're having a great week and got some fun time to create.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Serene Silhouettes (w-#127322/c-#127324); On Your Birthday (retired)
Ink:  Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Midnight Muse Card Stock (#126843); Summer Starfruit Card Stock (#126839); Cajun Craze Card Stock (#119684); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (#126898)
Tools:  Stamping Sponges (#101610); Modern Label Punch (#119849)
The Finishing Touches:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); 5/16" Neutrals Jumbo Brads (retired)
  

5 comments:

Angels Who Stamp said...

Good masculine card! Soft Suede is my new go-to brown

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love this stamp. Using a brad instead of a bow is a great idea!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Beautiful card. Love all the little touches!!! Thanks for playing along.

Selene Kempton said...

This is so pretty Patti! :) Thanks ofor playing with stamping 411 this week.

Patti Chesky said...

Ohhh this stamp set is on my wish list!!!! I love what you've done with it!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.