Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Best Love Story


Hi all.  I've been feeling under the weather this week and haven't had any desire to be creative.  This card is for two challenges and I'm just getting them in under the wire.  The challenges are The Paper Players Challenge #104 and Simply Stampin' Challenge #68.

The card base is Naturals Ivory card stock.  I ran a piece of the same card stock through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  This was matted with layers of Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Rose Red card stocks.  Because I had so many layers, I cut out the center of the bottom three layers and saved them to be used another time.  This eliminates weight
and bulk, especially if mailing the card.  I ruffled Rose Red and Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbons by pulling a thread on one end, added  them to the layered piece and attached them to the card.  I then made a double bow using the  same ribbons and attached it using glue dots.  Naturals Ivory card stock was heat embossed with images from Daydream Medallions and One in a Million stamp sets using VersaMark, Soft Suede ink and clear embossing powder.  The sentiment was punched out with a circle punch.  The other image was cut out using the Big Shot and the Floral Frame Framelits.  I spritzed them both with the Color Spritzer using a Soft Suede marker and sponged around the edges of both with Soft Suede ink.  Both were attached using dimensionals.  I colored the Pearls with a Rose Red marker after coating them with Mod Podge.  This sentiment is perfect for an anniversary or wedding card.  It certainly says a lot with few words.  Thanks for stopping by.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think of today's card.  Enjoy a fun day and a great weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used   
Stamp Sets:  Daydream Medallions (w-#126465/c-#126467); One in a Million (w-#126380/c-#126382)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); Neutrals Stampin' Write Markers (#119703); Subtles Stampin' Write Markers (#119700)
Card Stock:  Naturals Ivory (#101849); Rose Red (#102544); Crumb Cake (#120953); Soft Suede (#115318)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Floral Frames Framelits (#127012); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066)
The Finishing Touches:  Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122332); Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#121884); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
     

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous! Your color combo is so pretty....and I love your pearls! I tried your technique, and I'll be sharing it tonight at my club! I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing that brilliant idea! Hope you're feeling better!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I was gushing about the pearls so much, I forgot....thanks for playing with my "wordsmith" challenge too! ♥

Amanda Burditt said...

Beautiful! Love the ribbon! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

Amy White said...

Love the Daydream Medallion image and diecut you've used to surround your sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!