Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Merry Monday Mitten


Happy hot, hot, hot Sunday (at least here in the Northeast).  To cool things off a little I have this weeks Christmas card for the Merry Monday July Challenge (use any previous sketch).  You can see the card I did with this sketch previously here.

For this card I chose Very Vanilla for the base.  I matted a piece of Be of Good Cheer designer paper with Gumball Green card stock and attached it to the left hand side of the card.  I stamped the row of circles from the Chock Full of Cheer stamp set on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink and matted it with Gumball Green.  This
layer was then added to the card.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set on another piece of the designer paper with VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  It was also matted with the Gumball Green card stock and popped up on the card with dimensionals.  I heat embossed the mitten from the stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock with VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and cut it out.  A bow was made from Gumball Green Satin Ribbon and attached to the card with glue dots.  I then attached the mitten using glue dots.  Pearls were added to the mitten and the circles for a little added pizzazz.  There you have it - one more card to keep up with the weekly challenge.  Hope your weekend has been a good one.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
Stamp Set:  Chock Full of Cheer (w-#126715/c-#126717)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad (#119669); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Gumball Green Card Stock (#126840); Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper (#126896)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126848); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (#122949); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
 

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love these patterns, Patti! This is such an adorable card! Of course, I think the pearls are the perfect touch!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is major dorable. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! I love your card Patti and can't wait to get my hands on that DSP - thanks for joining us at again at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

I love this mitten set....and this paper is wonderful---so many versatile patterns! Great MM card!

Bonnie said...

Another awesome card, Patti! I love that mitten and the little circles with their pearl centers! Thanks again for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, the mitten is adorable. I have this paper and have never used it, thank you for the inspiration and thank you for joining us for Merry Monday too.