Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Smile

The best thing about summer is all the fresh fruit that's available.  My favorite fruit is cherries and this image worked perfectly for a new challenge I found.  The challenge, CASology Challenge Week 3, was to use fruit on the card.  I also based my card on the Craft Project Central Challenge #13.

I chose Very Vanilla card stock for the base.  I added a layer of Midnight Muse card stockWatercolor paper was run through the Big Shot with the Two Tags die.  The image from the Cherish Friendship stamp set was stamped on the tag with black StazOn ink.  I colored it with a blender pen and Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, Old Olive, Bashful Blue and 
Sahara Sand ink pads.  It's hard to see in the photo but I added Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to some of the cherries.  The sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set was stamped using Midnight Muse inkCherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was wrapped around and tied in a bow.  Dimensionals were used to attach this layer to the card.  There it is - a clean and simple card that will, hopefully, make someone smile.  Have a wonderful day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used  
Stamps Sets:  Cherish Friendship (w-#122880/c-#122882); Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad (#119669); Midnight Muse Classic Stampin' Pad (#126860); Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad (#102277); Bashful Blue Classic Stampin' Pad (#105209); Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad (#105208); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406)
Card Stock:  Watercolor Paper (#122959); Very Vanilla (#101650); Midnight Muse (#126843)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Two Tags Bigz Die (#115954); Blender Pens (#102845)
The Finishing Touches:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125); Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (#125585); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
     

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Oh, I love midnight muse- I think it's my favourite of the new colours! I love your selective bling on the cherries - I noticed it right away! I also love how the cherries fill the space at the top of your tag. Thanks so much for playing along with CASology today!

Tracey McNeely said...

That image is so cute and i love that big tag. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week.

Jen W. said...

This is so sweet! I love the tag you used, your colouring is gorgeous and the touches of glitter are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Cherries are one of my favorite summer fruits too!
Love that bowl filled with sweet cherries and the touch of glitter you added! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! :)

JoAnn Ross said...

That's so lovely! Cherries are one of my fave summer fruits and we're lucky to live where so many are grown so they're in all the stores and farmers' markets. I love how you colored them and the twine is such a nice finishing touch!

I really like Midnight Muse (used the ink and cardstock on one of my cards this week) and also, coincidentally, used the Cherry Cobbler.

Jacque said...

I love your watercoloring on the image too! I've always wished I could watercolor and make it look so pretty! Thanks for sharing and joining the Creating Pretty Cards challenge!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's a great unique design and I love the use of bling on some of your sweet cherries!!

Carole said...

As delightful as a bowl of cherries! Well done:) http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/07/casology-fruit.html

PaperFairyKris said...

I love the Dazzling Details on the cherries and how you placed the tag. What a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch over at Craft Project Central!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love the simplicity of this project. Another great use for this fun die.