Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Time for Vintage

Hello to everyone out in blog land.  My card today is a little vintage for the Paper Players Challenge #105 and Simply Stampin' Theme - Vintage.  It's a clean and simple card that would be easy to recreate.

My card base is Island Indigo card stock.  A layer of Fan Fair designer paper was sponged around the edges and added to the card front.  I then stamped one of the images from the Clockworks stamp set on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock with Crumb Cake ink.  I also stamped the water marks from the French Foliage stamp set on this layer.  The Bone Folder was used to break down the fibers on one corner so I could separate the layers.  I then curled them around a small paint brush handle and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  It was also spritzed with the Color Spritzer and a Crumb Cake marker.  I matted this layer with More Mustard card stock and attached it to the card.  The clock and clock face from the Clockworks stamp set were heat embossed with VersaMark and gold embossing powder on Naturals Ivory card stock.  I also heat embossed the hands on the face using VersaMark and black embossing powder.  I spritzed both in the same way I spritzed the image layer.  The clock was cut out with Paper Snips and the face was punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.  After sponging around both with Crumb Cake ink, the clock face was attached with dimensionals to the clock and the clock added to the card with dimensionals.   Well, that's my card for today.  Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.  Thanks for visiting; have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used  
Stamp Sets:  Clockworks (w-#127290/c-#127292); French Foliage (w-#120845/c-#121166)
Ink:  Crumb Cake Ink Pad (#121030); VersaMark (#102283); Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker (#120967)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Island Indigo Card Stock (#122923); More Mustard Card Stock (#100946); Naturals Ivory Card Stock (#101849); Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (#126918)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Paper Snips (#103579); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); Bone Folder (#102300); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066)
The Finishing Touches:  Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
       

4 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

I love this card Patti. Great color choices and nice touch with your bone folder to break down your fibers. I always forget that technique.

Ruth M said...

What a great vintage card Patti, great muted colour palette and I love the distressed corner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simply Stampin' again and I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?

Nance Leedy said...

Patti, this card is fantastic! I love the dp you created with the clockworks and waterspots stamps. They are th perfect compliment to that gorgeous vintage timepiece. Fabulous job. Always so good to see you in The Paper Players gallery!