Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Primrose Petals Wishes


Well, we're half way through the week.  Today I have for you a card and I based it on three challenges:  CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #60, Sunday Stamps Challenge #7 and Freshly Made Sketches #43.  Here's how it all came together.

I started with Basic Gray card stock for the base.  The front was run through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  A piece of Basic Gray designer paper was matted with
Summer Starfruit card stock (love that color).  I tied a piece of Primrose Petals ribbon around
it to make a simple knot bow.  The layer was then added to the card.  I then matted a piece of Comfort Cafe designer paper with Summer Starfruit card stock and attached it to the card.  The flower from the Decorate a Daisy
stamp set was heat embossed twice on Primrose Petals card stock with VersaMark,
Primrose Petals ink, and clear embossing powder.  I first cut one out around the whole flower and then just cut out the smaller inside flower from the second one.  The 
first one was attached with glue dots to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was matted with Summer Starfruit card stock.  The four corners on both were rounded with a 3/16" Corner Punch.  The second smaller flower was added 
to the first  with dimensionals and I curled the ends a little.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was also heat embossed on Very Vanilla card stock using VersaMark, Primrose Petals ink and clear embossing powder.  It was punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and popped up with dimensionals also.  I colored Pearls with the Summer Starfruit marker after coating them with Mod Podge.  What great words used in this sentiment.  This would make a great friend, birthday, or thinking of you card.  Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you get a chance to come back again.  Have a fun day; be creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Decorate a Daisy (w-#125989/c-#125991)
Ink:  Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad (#126858); VersaMark (#102283); 2012-2014 In Color Markers (#126856)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Primrose Petals Card Stock (#126841); Summer Starfruit Card Stock (#126839); Basic Gray Card Stock (#121044); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (#126898); Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (#117157)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Fancy Fan Embossing Folder (#127751); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#129053)
The Finishing Touches:  Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126844); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   

16 comments:

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

Wonderful card!! You've used the colours beautifully, and I adored the colours pearls. Love all the textures and patterns. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps!

Chris said...

Hi Patti, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. P.S. My son also completed his Masters recently. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Jen said...

That is a very cool color combo and you've made it totally work. I love the mix of texture and patterned paper and how the big flower takes center stage! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Angie Tieman said...

How lovely! This stamp set is on my *long* wish list! Love the text in the center of the flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow you are the combo Queen!! lol I love love love that new ribbon! I have 2 colors so far.... but you are making me want Primrose petals!!! Your card is fab!

Hugs
Shirley

Dana said...

Whoa. Sucha nice mix of color, texture, AND pattern! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

Laurie said...

This is just so pretty! I love the embossing in the background! What a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cindy Major said...

What a beautiful color combo!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! This is gorgeous! I love the mix of colors. Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Hayley Kew said...

Beautiful card! So much to look at (but in a good way!). Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon :)

Alison Barclay said...

Wonderful card!! Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog....I'd love to know how your "ribbon" card turns out so please drop me a line so I can see it!! :) xxxx

Holly said...

This came out great.. I love how you used the Challenge Colors with the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

Monica Hornof said...

I really love the different textures on this card. Such a great card - thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps.

Jen Timko said...

These colors are just fantastic together!! Wow, what a pretty card. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Jen Sannes said...

Your colors on this card are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

LeAnne said...

THis is awesome...one of my favorite new sets in the catty! And what a great idea to coat the pearls with ModPodge first...I can't wait to try that!