Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Boo!!

Good Saturday morning to you.  My card today uses three challenges for inspiration:  Nacho Average Challenge #6, Freshly Made Sketches #47, and The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week 2.  Read on for details.

When I saw the colors in the Nacho challenge, I knew I wanted to make a Halloween card.  I started with a Whisper White card stock base.  Added to the base is a layer of Lucky Limeade
card stock that was run through the Big Shot 
with the Spider Web embossing folder.  I took another piece of Lucky Limeade card stock and on it stamped the spider web from the Wicked Cool stamp set using VersaMark ink.  I used the VersaMark because I wanted just a hint of the image that would be behind the ghost.  This layer was matted with Night of Navy card stock and attached to the card.  I cut two strips of designer paper (one from Summer Smooches and one from Polka Dot Parade) and one  
strip of Night of Navy card stockAfter rounding the corners on one end of each strip, I added them to the card.  With the Owl Builder Punch, I punched out the body of the owl and trimmed off his feet.  I turned him so the feet end was at the top and added Night of Navy brads for eyes.  The hat from the Wicked Cool stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark, Rich Razzleberry ink and clear embossing powder.  I cut it out and attached it to the ghost.  The ghost was then added to the card with dimensionals.  I punched out three circles from Lucky Limeade card stock using the Owl Builder Punch and added them to the Night of Navy strip of card stock.  A very simple card to make - it just takes me a lot of words to tell you about it.  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  Enjoy.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad (#115658)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Lucky Limeade Card Stock (#122926); Night of Navy Card Stock (#100867); Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (#126902); Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (#125409)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Spider Web Embossing Folder (#120889); Heat Tool (#129053); Owl Builder Punch (#118074); Paper Snips (#103579); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  3/16" Regals Brads (#119737); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
_______________________________________________________________

 
    

10 comments:

Rose said...

Patty, that's just too cute. I love to see other uses for our punches. TFS-

Tammy said...

I never thought of these colors as "halloween-y", but they sure work great!! Love your cute little ghost! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Awww, your little ghost is so cute. I made my card for next week already and used the same ghosts! Love the color combination!

Anne Hayward said...

Your ghost is so cute. This is a non-traditional Halloween card that totally works! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Jen Timko said...

This is just so fun! Love that little guy! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Terry said...

Wow, Patti! You are so creative. I love the design of your card and everything about it - especially the ghost with the witch hat. I'm so glad you added your card to my blog hop! I appreciate that.

Hugs,

Terry

Jen said...

How fun - a witch's hat wearing ghost! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

Such a sweet little Halloween goody - I love it! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Cute and creative, Patti! I love the rounded corners and of course, the web! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jenni Hogan said...

Love how you turned the owl into a ghost!! Thanks for playing with us!!!